Chapter sixteen:

My dearest Newt,

I am so sorry once again for the way I behaved.  I don't deserve your forgiveness, love or kindness and yet you keep giving them to me. I have always done things that didn't deserve your forgiveness and yet you gave it to me. Even when we first met I 'arrested' you and we almost died and yet you saved me. And then I ignored you because I thought you were engaged. And then I hurt you twice by being with Achilles as well as what happened last night. How do I deserve you? How can I be good enough for you?

I miss you already. I can scarcely believe we are engaged but the ring on my finger is a constant reminder.

Tell Theseus, Jacob, Nagini, and Bunty that I am sorry for what happened and that I miss them, and thank them for what I am sure they helped with; getting you to follow me. I will write to them occasionally. 

Can I tell anyone about us, or should I hide the ring?

I will keep you updated on my doings, and how the new job is going.

How long until we can get married? I am sorry my job is prolonging our future together. I hope you don't resent me.

Lots of love,

your Tina x 

Dear Tina,

I love you so much. I would have done the same if it was a way to get my job back, and if I thought you were engaged to someone else. The day before you left you were only trying to cause less pain, but in doing so you caused more. But I have forgiven you.

I miss you too. I wish I had a reminder that we are engaged but I suppose your letter will have to do. 

Theseus etc. have all forgiven you, are very happy for your new job, and are so excited for us and our engagement and say they were only too pleased to help it come about.

I thought we agreed that we both deserved each other? 

I will make it known officially that I am engaged to avoid any rumors, so until you see a news article it would be best if you kept it a secret if that's alright?

I promise we will be married one day and you being an auror will be a part of both our futures. When I next come to see you, which will be as soon as I can get away, we will have to plan our future properly. I may have to move to New York for some of our marriage until we can formulate a plan. If Theseus wasn't head auror here, I'd suggest you to move here, but only if you want to, of course. I'm not sure what to do with the creatures. I can't risk taking them to NYC as it would secure my place in Azkaban. I know Bunty is more than capable with them, however, it means I will only be able to visit, and rescuing creatures will be limited. But we will work it out.

We are more similar than one might think; both our vocations involve protection; you of magic, and therefore people, and me of creatures, and therefore animals. We are very suited to each other; in fact I would say perfect together. Neither of us will rest when someone or something is under threat.

Since you have gone away the mood has changed. Dougal and Pickett miss you, as well as I and Theseus etc. But we are all depending on the thought of the future being a better place to keep us going. You are needed in NYC if we want to change the dark future of our children and grandchildren, so, in that way, you are preparing for our marriage.

I could never resent you and I am trying my hardest to become stronger and more patient, in order for us to be ready to get married.

Hope to see you soon.

Lots of love,

Newt x

Dear Newt,

I would like to wait until Queenie returns to get married anyway. I look forward to being a mother, but realise that if we want that we can't wait too long as we are not getting any younger. There is a limit to how long we can wait. Thank you for forgiving me and helping me understand why you love me, and why we work together.

I arrived safely in NYC with Picquery and Graves giving me a warm welcome. We are to have a party tonight celebrating my promotion. Wish you were here.

My first assignment is to organise my aurors and lead them in a mission to stop bank robberies that are happening in such unusual circumstances that they are suspicious of magical influences. I hope it's not another niffler. It's not a very challenging assignment but a good one for the start of this change in my career as Picquery explained.

It feels counterproductive that we should get engaged when I was moving away to focus on career. I hope I can be wholehearted towards my job, when very distracted and questioning my life now and for the future. Thank you for your patience.

Lots of love, 

Tina x

My love,

Some changes are occurring or have occurred. Jacob is going back to New York to run his bakery, and Nagini's blood curse has taken full affect, so as of Monday I am back to being alone with my creatures. Jacob was devastated about Nagini and, as you are already there, decided to leave, not without first checking if I would be alright. After having got used to company, which in itself is unusual, I find it hard to believe that I am going to really dislike being alone. I hope to soon get back into the swing of things, but don't like to follow Theseus's example by ignoring or quickly forgetting the past.

I hope you enjoyed your party. I am very proud of you.

As for our wedding, I completely understand why you should want to wait for Queenie. With the way things are at the moment, you fighting for the future is just as important as building a family. And yes, I also know that time is of the essence. We will be together and we will have a family, don't you worry. I will always be here, and I will wait for you for as long as it takes.

Love always,

Newt x

Dear Newt,

Sorry for not writing to you sooner. You see we apprehended the robbers and there was a bit of a brawl (I'm fine so please do not worry), and now I am being sent to London! 

I really hope to see you there. Grindelwald is thought to be there and I begged to go. They agreed, eventually, after I assigned Percival as temporary Head Auror, and promised that I would update MACUSA on what I am doing, how it goes, as well as, promising that I would, in no way, help Queenie in the greater good.

I am so sorry about Nagini and that you are now on your own. I will visit Jacob just before I come to London. I will try very hard to see you while I am there without arousing the suspicion of MACUSA. I am proud of your patience and acceptance and strength of mind and character. You are so strong to keep going after all that has happened. I know you can manage it alone very well, but know I am always here for you and always will be. You do have Bunty still? She is very dedicated, caring and passionate. She will help you with whatever you need. Do try to keep yourself occupied and happy. I will let you know when I am in London.

See you soon, probably.

Forever yours,

Tina xxx