Chapter ten:

"Hello, you must be Tina,it's lovely to meet you at last." He shook her hand but as Tina went to respond she heard a loud excited female voice calling from the other room and then pattering feet.

" David! Are they there? why didn't you tell me?! "

Newt's mother gave Tina a hug and squeezed her tight.
"I'm so excited to get to know you better! I've never seen Newt so smitten or happy. He can't keep his eyes off you!" At this Newt blushed and reluctantly looked at his feet. " welcome to the family! "

"Thank you Mrs Scamander. It's lovely to meet you too, you who brought up a rare creature." Tina smiled shyly.

" hippogriff's aren't very rare" said Newt who whenever the word "creature" was used thought of his fantastic beasts.
His mother burst into laughter and Tina couldn't help a laugh that came.

"She meant you dearie! I can see already, Tina, that we will get on like a house on fire. He's finally found someone worth keeping and who doesn't mind, and perhaps enjoys? His enthusiasm for beasts."

" Yes I do Mrs Scamander" she replied, smiling, while Newt stood embarrassed but amazed at how well they were getting on. I

" oh please call me Emily Tina dear. And my husband is David. I am so happy Newt 's found you at last! "

She blushed and smiled shyly but felt so at home that it felt completely natural.

" me too" she whispered.

" Come along in " said David. "Take a seat" Emily went in second with Tina following and Newt bringing up the rear.

***********

" so what's your job,Tina? " asked his mother.

"Um" she swallowed her food " I'm an auror " she responded.

"Oh yes that's right Newt said! I'm glad he's found an auror he likes at last!"

" loves" said David, teasingly.

"Yes." His mother said.

Newt hadn't said a word since they arrived and his mother suddenly noticed.

" Newt dear? Why aren't you telling us about how you've been and how you two met? "

" uh huh sorry mother"

" it's a long story. " Tina said in order to help him as he looked very awkward.

"We've got time" she responded. "Alright, Tina, why don't you tell us?"

" Oh err"

" I'm not sure you'd approve of some of it mother"

She looked stern but Tina quickly carried on " we met outside a bank in New York when Newt accidentally bumped into me, but we officially met when I tried to arrest him for robbing a bank" she said the last bit in a rush.

"Newt!" Both his parents said sternly.
" why didn't you arrest him then? "

" I had been demoted" she whispered, sadly. Newt squeezed her hand under the table.

" oh no what happened? "she said but David wasn't distracted.

" you robbed a bank! ! You always were a one to break rules! "

"I didn't!" Newt responded "Teddy got out of the case and robbed it. "

"He's incorrigible you see" Newt and Tina said in unison.

"Aww" his mother said. "You two are made for each other! , and yes I know what a niffler is like. "

"So how does the rest of the story of Newt and Tina go?" Asked Emily.

They then proceeded to tell Emily and David the story of Fantastic Beasts and where to find them and fantastic beasts the crimes of grindelwald.

Emily was upset to hear about her parents dying, Credence and Queenie joining Grindelwald and shocked and upset to hear about the death potion. If course she already knew a bit but she never knew that they had sentenced an innocent ex-auror ie. Tina to death too.

She enjoyed their story very much and said at the end " that sounds too fabulous to be a true story but it is! Although obviously what's happened to Queenie is devastating, not fabulous. I am awfully sorry Tina love. "

she smiled sadly and said " it's not your fault, it was her decision. "

"Tina, I hope to meet Jacob, and Queenie, one day. He sounds an amazing, caring, kind, patient, loving young man, perfect for your sister."

" Yes" she sighed " I wish I'd realised that sooner and not cared about my job so much, and about my sister instead. "

of course by this time it was almost midnight and they were sitting on sofas in the living room and Newt was sleeping soundly his head resting on his mother's shoulder, his hand in Tina's as he was in between them both.

"You did what you could and what you thought was best but it was her decision as you said, Tina"

Tina was leaning against the sleeping beautiful Newt and sat in silence for a moment.

"Tina love?"

" yes Emily? "

" there's no-one I'd rather my Newt to be with than you, you are perfect together and you are an extremely lovely young lady. He's lucky to have you, although he had to travel miles to find you! "

" If it weren't for Frank we would never have met... " Tina said to herself letting reality sink in.

"Yes. The beasts are why you met."

" I wouldn't have had it any other way. "

" you love my son very much don't you? "

She blushed "very" she whispered barely audibly.

"It radiates off you a mile away. I would be honoured to call you my daughter."

" thank you Emily ............. Do you think it will happen? "

" yes, even if you propose and not him! "

"Emily! As if I would. Besides I would love to have him propose and see his face go from worry to utter joy! "

" I can see you have fallen very deeply for him. I need to hurry him up to get you up the aisle! "

"Emily! You can't tell him what I said! It's too forward of me! And too early and I could never expect that much of him really. Where could he fit me in with all his creatures? Would he want ugly me forever? Would he want my face to be on his children? I think not. I was foolish to think such a thing!" Tears exited her eyes without her noticing.
" I'm getting too comfortable already and we only met last year and have been together 1 or two days! I must be absolutely mad and blinded by love. "

" Tina! It's true love and I can see it and if I ,his mother, say that you are the one, then you are the one. Never doubt that ! You are very beautiful and you have a beautiful heart and soul. ..... And if he, Newt, cares so much for you you must be the one as he can't stand aurors usually. And he never paid much attention to women except Leta of course. I can't wait for your wedding and for you to be my daughter and you to carry on the Scamander name! Newt is very lucky! "

Tina blushed with joy, and it sunk in: she was accepted and loved by Newt's parents and Theseus liked her too and she was going to marry the man beyond her wildest dreams. She grinned and couldn't stop smiling for the rest of the night.