Chapter fourteen:

(A/N Next few lines also taken from Heartland series 1 episode 13. I love it so much and thought it would fit here. Sorry if you think that I shouldn't have done it.)

"Ahem..." It was Theseus. 

 "Uh, we were, we just, um..." Tina hesitated.

 "You should get the table ready for your guest, Newt. i.e. me. I need to have a word with you, Tina."

Newt left the room, feeling very awkward.

"Theseus, Newt and I, we, we were just... ...I, I was..."

"That's not where I'm going here. Although... ...I, uh, got to thinking... ...after the meeting I had with the ministry, yesterday. I realise that your sister's gone and all, and that you're free to do whatever you want. But I want you to know that you're welcome to stay. I mean, just because your job is in New York, it doesn't mean that you have to leave. The ministry said they'd be happy to consider you, so for what it is, that is there for you."

"Theseus, I, uh, I gotta tell you something." She took out the letter. " It's from MACUSA. Madam Piquery actually. I haven't had any contact with her since I left for Paris. She tracked me down and, um, she says he's been looking for me... ...for the past few weeks. She's offered me promotion to head auror."

 "Wow, so, what are you thinking?"

"I don't know. I just, uh, maybe I'll go. You know, uh, it's kinda a once in a  lifetime opportunity. So..."

"Yeah, I , I bet that's a tough decision. I, uh, I'd sure hate to see you go, but I guess you gotta do what you think is best for you. Just don't go thinking... ...that it's gonna be some kind of solution for you, that job of yours. Because it's just a job. Like anything else, and you'll still miss your sister in New York. You know I know how it feels to lose your girlfriend. And also how I feel about girlfriends who kiss and run....." Tina gave him an awkward hug, then pulled away.

"Please don't hurt Newt. If you want to be with him you need to let him understand why you are going" he sighed "Newt loves you very much, but I also know how much of an honour it is to be promoted to head auror as I am head auror if you didn't know. I just wish you didn't have to go to New York and leave my brother." he sighed again "Well, you think about it. I hope you know that you can always call this home."

"yeah I do know." she sighed " I don't know what to do Theseus. I know Newt would support me in going, but I know he'd be just as sad as me at me leaving, but he still wouldn't stop me. But after being demoted and then promoted back to an auror with Newt's help I can't really turn this down. I just hope our relationship survives."

"as long as you promise to tell him why you are going."

"The other thing is the portkey is tomorrow at noon. I just don't know if I can leave so soon."

"Wow..........you really must tell Newt about it."

"I tried and well you saw where we ended up just now" she blushed bright red.

Theseus grinned. Then looked serious " I just don't want you to miss your chance with him like I missed mine with Leta. Has he talked about the future at all?"

"Yeah, I think he wants to get married; he took me to see your parents and they told him to marry me" she blushed.

"Yes, that's why I recommended you to the ministry; my parents told me about you. Why would you go to New York then? Has he proposed?"

"sort of. Not on one knee and not with a ring but he's sort of asked me."

"And what did you say?"

"Yes"