Chapter thirteen:

As Newt entered the kitchen he heard Jacob say " oh honey not like that" and then laugh. Seeing him, Jacob said " Hey Newt buddy how'd it go with your parents?". Newt noticed Nagini was trying to help Jacob cook pancakes and had got covered in flour by using the sieve the wrong way. 

"Hi Newt, Jacob was just teaching me to cook."

"I can see that!" I laughed. "go and clean yourself up in the bathroom sink." I said, kindly, seeing as she looked a bit upset.

She left and Jacob said "so?"

"Oh. It went brilliantly Jacob! My mother and Tina spent most of the night chatting and my father liked her too. They said that they..."

"Yes?"

"They said they would like her as a daughter-in-law" he rushed out.

"Awesome!.... So, when are you planning on asking her?" he said, flipping over the pancake.

"Well" he blushed "I need to get a ring first. But without her knowing. I've been going over a few ideas in my head."

"I'll help, for sure. What's your idea?"

" Well, firstly, Tina suggested Theseus come for dinner today if we help you cook, and as we haven't yet talked about whether you and Tina are going back to New York, I'd thought I'd mention it, and, if she wants to stay, she could go with Theseus to ask to work in the ministry as an auror, and I'd get it while they're out, but that depends if she wants to stay in England, of course."

"Oh, I'm sure she will as she won't wanna leave you."

"do you think so?"

"yes. But if you are worried, once you propose she definitely won't wanna leave."

"That means I need a plan B of getting the ring."

"Umm, how 'bout you ask her to get to know Bunty or somethin'?"

"Why?"

"They will need to be friends if you two are planning on staying together, right?"

"Yeah I suppose so"

Nagini re-entered at this point, so Newt went back to the reason he had come upstairs. 

"So, you ok for Theseus to come for dinner?"

"Sure"

Newt nodded. "I'll just send him an owl" He turned to go back to his basement.

"Wait a minute. Take these pancakes and some for Tina too."

Newt took the plates Jacob held out to him. "Thank you"

Meanwhile, while Newt had been talking upstairs and now was writing to Theseus, Tina had exited the shed and looked around the case, still as much as in awe as before.

I wonder why he said it was almost empty? there are many creatures here. She wondered.

There were diricawls and billywigs, graphorns and bowtruckles, large dungbeetles (she wasn't sure of their actual name) and moonclaves, as well as Dougal, a newly hatched group of ocamies, the erumpent, and a few others she didn't know the name of. She stood smiling, and Dougal came to say hello.

"Hey Dougal, remember me?" Dougal nodded. "Neat. How's it going?"

He nodded, vigorously, and pointed at the happy occamies.

"Good, well I'll just---." There came a tapping from the inside of Newt's shed. "--Go and see what that knocking is." She changed what she was going to say.