Prologue

Prologue

With each stair I could feel my excitement growing.

Each stair I climb up makes my heart beat faster. Getting me closer to my freedom. It is as close as possibly in sight.

You might ask yourself--

no they probably not

But they might so let me explain.

I am not a prisoner or anything but I often feel like a prisoner in my own home. You must understand I am the youngest sibling with five older brother. And if that was not enough, fate put me in a mafia family. So they are excessively overprotective. *rolling my eyes

They see me as too weak to sustain in their mafia world so they hide and protect me from the outside word. They do not want me to come in contact with the gruesome reality the world holds. What they don't know: I love the dark. I am utterly fascinated by it.

I never had a normal upbringing. I was hidden my whole life (homeschool and all that crap *ughhh). The closest I came to a normal childhood was when I snuck out with my best friend Ceph, who I have known my whole life. My brothers could never know because I would be loosing the few privileges I gained in the last years and they would probably kill my best friend. And I still need him, he is my partner crime. *evil laugh

But do not understand me wrong, I am not some abandoned girl who has issues because she had not enough love from her family. I had many dolls, tea parties with my family members, and princess castles as many as would fit in my room. My father and brothers came every evening reading goodnight stories for me and never missed a goodnight kiss. I never lacked of anything. My family loves me more than everything in the world. That is exactly why they act the way they do.

And I couldn't blame them for loving me too much, could I?

However, I want to go on parties, get drunk and hook up with random boys like everyone in my age. But most important: I want to be part of the mafia world. The problem is my family would never let me.

I mean that is so hyprocitic.

I am just as much trained as every single one of my brothers
if not more.

My only way to gain freedom and to somewhat fulfill my dreams I have to be away from my family. I already thought about running away with my best friend but I love my current lifestyle too much and they would eventually find us. Plus be hella mad.

So this is why I begged my father for countless years to let me attend school in the United States. My family currently lives in Germany because they are the German Mafia (duh) and most of their allies are living there.

However, he never let me--
until now.

I don't know what changed and I do not really care though. I think it has something to do with my safety.

Two weeks ago my father surprisingly agreed under certain conditions.

He wants me to attend a boarding school because from his point of view they are safer. (Has he really never heard of the sick parties that are thrown at boarding schools) hehe

Moreover, I have to take two bodyguards with me and additionally forced me to take my best friend with me. I am not complaining on the second part though. It is more of a miscalculation on my father's side. My father instructed my best friend to give him weekly updates. But not like the two bodyguards, he sure as hell will not tell him the whole truth duh.

It sucks though that I have to take two bodyguards with me. I will always have to fight to keep them of my ass. And what should the other students believe. That helps much for keeping undercover. (sarcasm)

As I already said Ceph is my partner in crime and equally as trouble making if not more as myself.

Soooo these spoiled brats on the snobby school can expect chaos and drama. Sorry not sorry. *evil laugh

However, Ceph and I not only plan to play little students, we additionally have some other plans. But who would I be to spill it just yet.

So here I am walking up the stairs on my families private closely followed by Ceph. Our families standing at the bottom of the stairs watching their beloved children leave. Everyone fearful that they might never come back.

But we will. Obviously.

Nevertheless, I partly do understand them. The life we live in is dangerous. It could end every second. And so we could lose someone we love every second....I do not want to get into that, at least not yet.

Hence, that is why I think it is necessary to let us go. We should cherish every moment because every moment could be our last.

And it is only one year what could happen in one year. Am I not right?

On the last stair, I turn around. I see my and Ceph's mother bloodshot eyes. Call me crazy but also my five brothers and my father, the scary mafia men, have tears in their eyes watching me board the plane.

I can feel warm liquid running down my cheeks realizing I am crying myself.

Get it together

You cannot always rely on them and be the weak link in the family

You are right I have to build something myself and I cannot make it when I am close to them. If I want to become someone in the mafiaworld I have to leave. At least for this year. (A/N the cursive part is when she has a discussion with herself)

With that thought in mind I wink one last time before turning around and setting feet in the plane. In my future.

-----AN-----

This was the Prologue I hope you like it so far.

It is so hard for me to reread/ reedit my chapter because it is so cringe for me. That I even think about changing everything. I just hope it is different for you. I promise it gets better.