Chapter 15 - Crossover

Third-Person POV

"What are the odds?"

This is pretty much the catchphrase of coincidences like this one. A coincidence is not just something that was unlikely to happen. The overstuffed crate labeled "coincidences" is packed with an amazing variety of experiences, and yet something more than rarity compels us to group them together. 

Even though the intention of the universe may not become clear, at this exact evening the lives of Aurelia and Cax were determined to collide in such a coincidence.

Throughout their talk he increasingly got more disgusting. Aurelia didn't thought that would be even possible.

She wants to spend as little time as possible with the old douche guy next to her. So she leans over to the guy whispering to him sweet nothings to lure him outside.

The guy, convinced of his own attractiveness, blindly follows the girl with a smirk on his face. How that smirk will disappear in just a matter of seconds.

What the girl doesn't notice is: she has two more boys following her outside, the Russian and Mexican heir.

In her head she is convinced that the whole mission is going by plan. Close to being accomplished.

Aurelia lures  the man into the dense alley, where Ceph already waits to inject the sedation to take him down.

However, this guy can't be silent for one minute and continues to call Aurelia disgusting nicknames. Loud enough for Caxton and Fernando to hear. 

With those words, the anger is boiling in Cax's chest. There is only a short time in which he will be able to control not to snap the head of the man. Only a question of time until the rising substance of his anger is going to bristle and escape out of his body.

Caxton cannot understand what is happening inside his mind. Everything seems just hollow, besides protecting that exact girl in the nude silk dress.

And there goes their plan to stay unseen. 

The young boy, who holds so much power with his every step, even in every single breath he takes in, takes a step forward. Now joining Aurelia and her company in the alley.

Aurelia POV

In the corner of my eye I detect movement. Instantly on high alert, I turn around and see perfect hazelnut brown eyes following my every move.

The eyes of none other than Cax.

CAX???

Did I see that right? What is he doing here? Did he find out who I am and came to kill me?

In front of me is Cax with Fernando backing him up, staring at me.

The guy next to me is trying to shove me with him.

For a second Cax's eyes project so many emotions. 

Concern, fear, hurt. 

But I could easily just have imagined it because as fast as it came, it went away. Leaving an emotional facade.

Hell. Now I am fucking confused. Is he is concerned about my safety?

Wait.

Please don't say that he saw my encounter with the man. From an unknowing point of view, that could have looked like the poor little girl being involved in a dangerous line of business. Maybe even prostitution.