Chapter 43 - Death Drive

In the last chapter, Aurelia joins his father on the last dinner together with the other ally families before the mafia ball. There she walks into one of Charles' man, who threatens her. However, Cax and her oldest brother overhear it and blindly out of rage tackle the man. Still hurt and mad at her families' and Cax's reaction she wants to leave, but they insist that Cax drives her home.

Chapter 43 - Death Drive

In the hallway I shake my arm free from Cax's grip, "You know I liked the controlling mafia heir in you yesterday better."

"You know I can make that happen again," he smirks.

Fucker.

I just ignore him, and move faster to the entry.

"Aurelia," he yells after me, but I keep going, until I am outside of the restaurant. There, I have to stop to wait for him getting the car. He lead my toward a waiting car with tinted windows. When the car was driven up, Cax opens the door for me, leaning over the door extra.

He just wants to tease me.

His car was really nice though. He drove an Audi R8 in Matt black with blacked out windows. The interior was also all black with only the seats are white leather. In the car, I take out my phone to distract myself from Cax sitting next to me. I really am mad and don't want to risk giving it up only by looking at him.

Additionally, I had a lot of missed calls and messages on the new phone, my father gave me before dinner, seeing that mine broke in the attack.

I almost flinch when I feel a strong, but firm around my leg and a squeeze. I get ripped out of my thoughts to see it was Cax.

"Aurelia, I was talking to you," Cax explains. I still didn't answer, my eyes remaining on his body.

"Aurelia," he squeezes my leg again.

"Mr. Ricci Junior," I reply in a nonchalant tone. He pissed me off. Now he can feel it.

Abruptly, he turned the steering wheel and comes to a stop on the side of the rode.

"I know you think calling me this will fuck me off, but it merely achieves the opposite," he smirks, but I still don't reply. He really behaved like an ass back there.

"I really wanna talk to you, Aurelia."

I just shake my head as a 'no'.

His eyes harden, "I am sorry Aurelia."

"For what?" I repeat just to provoke a little more. Let me be bitchy, I am drunk injured and to be honest a little horny.

He chuckles evilly, "Aurelia you are making it really hard for me, don't you? I am sorry for overstepping the line at dinner."

"I cannot believe it the young Mr. Ricci actually apologizing," I provoke further, but actually I am really surprised that he tries so hard to apologize.

He takes his hand from my leg, and slides it slowly higher, while in the throaty voice of his, "I warned you don't tease me too much."

"You know you don't have to do that," I answer in a matter-of-fact tone.

Cax leans over to me, coming very close to my face "Don't do what?"

I try not to look at his lips, of course I fail, however, I get myself to answer, "Offer to drive me. Pretend like you care. I promise I don't have any expectations after—-." I get interrupted by a ping on my phone signaling that I got a message.

Turning my phone around, I read the message from Nik, one of my men at the warehouse. The text says that he found out a location. The location described is really close to where I am at right now.