Chapter 21 - Morning after

In the last chapter, Aurelia and Cax had their date, a set sail on a private sunset cruise. They not only came sexually but also emotionally closer. However, the date was cut short by a call of Val informing Cax that Fernando got hurt during their mission. 

Before the chapter begins, I decided to write from the point of view of the next morning with Aurelia thinking about the last evening like little episodes. It may be a bit confusing sometimes and I maybe rewrite it.

Chapter 21 - Morning after

"I know no ways to mince it in love, but directly to say, 'I love you.'" (, Act V, scene ii)

That's what Shakespeare said about love. 

In my opinion that is utter bullshit. 

It is not the three words, eight letters that define the love you feel for someone. Contrary, it is the little actions, the feeling you get when you are with this someone. Only actions not words define your true feelings.

Love is the basis of every day life, and it gives us the power to feel so affectionately for one another. Even though you say you would never fall for someone so passionately love makes you willing to give up everything just for this one person. Every day that passes brings me to a closer understanding of love. Love provides two hearts with the ability to grow together as one. The power of love that flows from every tear drop rinses off the bad memories and trust me I have a lot of them.

Yesterday when Cax wiped away my tears, he wiped away some of my bad memories too and replaced them. I cannot describe with what but he certainly did somehow.

I know it sounds tacky.

All this time I didn't realize how much of a whole Charles' action left inside me. Letting me loose the capability of trusting someone so deeply. Out of fear I am just going to get hurt again. I never wanted to get to someone so close emotionally. And that is okay because I didn't wanted to. But it changed.

I want to have Cax close.

Hear me out before you judge that I want the Russian heir, my families arch enemy close.

Actually don't.

I can't find any logical explanation.

I just changed my mind it was abad idea going on the date in the first place.

Changing the subject, after the call from Val yesterday, Cax and I rushed to their warehouse where the wounded Fernando already waited for us.

Cax didn't want to tell me how he got hurt- he still doesn't trust me. Not blaming him though, he really shouldn't. It was already crazy that he didn't let me stay at the pier calling an Uber or something. But I guess after killing someone directly infant of my eyes, he seem to go as far as taking me to his wounded best friend. Or maybe he just thought I could be helpful.

However, when we arrived it turned out that not only Fernando but also Amelia was hurt on what I guess was some kind of mission.  It seemed to was really close for them.

------

Flashback to yesterday evening after the date:

"Val, Fernando where are you?" Cax yelled after arriving at the warehouse.

It was answered by silent yells 'here' coming from a room on the right of the warehouse. We entered the room and saw both their bodies covered in blood. They looked like beast after a brutal campaign. But it kind of looks like it is their own.