Chapter 18 - Let the games begin

In the last chapter, the seniors were divided into different teams. Aurelia, Fernando and Cax are all on the same team, while Ceph and Val are together on the yellow team. However, it came to a conflict between Cax and Ceph and an open threat regarding the safety of Aurelia and Val. 

Chapter 18 - let the games begin

We walked into the room designated for team red. In the room were the remaining team mates already waiting for us to join. I recognized two of the remaining three team mates as Amelia, the friend of Fernando and roommate of Val. Considering the circumstances, my guess is that she is in the mafia in some kind as well. 

But I am not complaining at least one girl. 

And Wes, the guy that played beer pong on my side. I meant winning. If you forgot hehe.

"Girl. Yeah you are on my team." she exclaimed embracing me in a tight hug.

"Yeah. The other teams have no chance against us." I replied.

In the corner of my eye I can see Cax and Fernando bro hug Wes and the other guy who I don't know, before also saying hi to Amelia. I used that opportunity to also say hey to Wes.

"Did my eyes see right is the beautiful Aurelia on my team? We basically can't lose with her on the team." he exclaimed saying the last past to his friend.

I chuckled: "Yeah we will Wes." 

To which he just pulled me in a hug after introducing me to his friend whose name is Lucas. I know many people with the name Lucas and they always mean trouble. Hopefully, this one is an exception.

The hug didn't seem to have so many fans. Because Cax just grunted disapprovingly. 

What is his problem?

Wes seemingly asked himself the same question asking: "Are you two together or anything?"

"No." we simultaneously exclaimed.

The Lucas guy just laughed stating something about Cax never going to go into a serious relationship.

But we weren't able to argue that point because the door was abruptly closed and an audio recording began to play. 

"You are hostesses captured in this abandoned basement, you have one and a half hours to free yourself until the armed kidnappers come back." the mechanic coach exclaims.

"This is an escape room." Wes says excitedly.

"I say let the kidnappers come." Cax says in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Sure. You are a simple hostess though." I claim smiling trying to knock him off his perch. He seems not to have it though. He walks towards me. Slowly. Like a predator just waiting for its prey to get captured and feed.

I mean he can eat me.

Wait no. We are not starting this.

He reaches, me looking me directly into my eyes. Holding a strong stare. It feels like he is looking directly through me to my soul.

Look somewhere else such an intense stare makes me nervous bitch.

But he doesn't stop. Contrary, he even takes a step more forward. Now definitely invading my private space.

However, I don't even think about taking a step backwards like a normal person probably would. Taking a step back equals backing down. I could similarly crawl on the floor next to his feet. And I refuse to.