Chapter 42 - Particular Preparation

In the last chapter, Aurelia hurries to her father father, after being attacked by Charles, to get her father to send ax some protection. The affectional help just comes in the right time to help Cax and Fernando, who too got attacked at the mall. However, Aurelia is injured but still joins her father to the dinner because she doesn't want stay in the house alone.

Chapter 42 - Particular Preparation

I take in a depo breath and walk through the dimly lit hallways of the restaurant. I can already a few familiar voices engaged in a heated discussion. I am not even there yet and thy are already arguing. Fun.

When I enter the room, the whole room becomes dead drop silent, all sstopping what they were doing and instead now stare at me.

"Don't let me interrupt your conversation," I joke trying to lighten the mood, but instead it broke hell loose.

Cax stand up trying to come close to me, what I guess to inspect my injuries, but Darius and Julius spring up blocking me from Cax. Always so protective.

"What happened to you?" he asks with worry in his tone, trying to lock eyes with me, but I look away. When I and no one else answers he repeats his question now with more dominance in his tone, "What the fuck happened to her?"

Cax's mother, Maria, grabs his arm pulling him away, "Calm down, son."

It seems like everyone around glances at me eagerly waiting for my explanation, even though they already know what happened.

"It is not as bad as it looks like," I try to reassure the people around me, but especially Cax doesn't seem convinced. 

"Not as bad?" he begins, but stops trying to keep himself together, before adding, "How come I get warned before I got attacked and she didn't?"

Mr. Ricci rasps before speaking up, "For you the help came in time, for her it didn't."

I internally thank Mr. Ricci for putting it like that.

"Simple as that. Can I sit down now?" I answer, but doesn't wait for any reply as I move to the only free spot on the other half of the table away from Cax, which is next to Fernando.

I cannot see Cax like that all enraged and protective. It is not that I Donn't like him. That's actually the problem, I might like him too much. I thought I would get him out of my mind after that one slip up, but it got worse. My mind repeatedly turns back to him and what his body is able to do. Even though I have way bigger problems at the moment, he is still the most present thing on my mind. Uggghh. And there we have the problem.

"Fernando," I greet him, while sitting down besides him. He scans my face for a second, "Wild night?" he says smiling, referring to my bruises, even though he knows damn well what it caused. However, I really appreciate his reaction. One person who keeps touch with reality.

The tension in the room was still as sharp, to be cut by a butter knife, however, the conversations began again.

"I wish," I reply smiling at Fernando.

"Fernando, you must really love me," I begin again, seeing his glasses of vodka in front of him. I really want --scratch that--need some of that. Fernando seems take out of concept, like someone accidentally pressed his reboot button so I elaborate more silent, "Since we are dorm neighbors and everything."

It looks like something clicked inside his brain cause he begins to laugh awkwardly, "Sure thing Aurelia. What do you want?"

I lean over to his ear so no one else overhears, "I don't want anything, I just wanted to ask if you mind sharing your Vodka E. I don't my family see me drink."