Chapter 34 - Playing Pawns

In the last chapter, the German, American, Russian and Mexican mafia made the unprecedented decision to ally in the matter of the new arising threat. There are some doubts about Aurelias knowledge, especially due to Cax. Moreover, Aurelia and Ceph threaten the blonde bitch, who belongs to Charles. Eventually, Cax wants to get some answers from Aurelia, but instead they start to kiss.

Chapter 34 - Playing Pawns

I knock on my fathers office, and I am greeted with a short 'come in'. Opening the door I find all the mafia dons present in this house, gathered in my father's office. And of course they all turn around for my arrival.

"Aurelia," my father greets me a smiling building on his face. From the other big bad mafia men in the room I receive nods.

"Excuse me, I can come back later, father," I state politely not wanting to be in the same room with all those testosterone packages for more time than I have to.

I bet half of them, have raised doubts about me and my knowledge. And I really don't want the chess game into an interrogation.

"I will look after my son," Ceph's father excused himself.

"I will have to go after some business as well," the ma n who I suspect to be Ferbnando's father, Mr. Gonzáles excuses himself. They both leave the room,l leaving only my father and Mr. Ricci back in the room, while I still stand in the room awkwardly.

"Aurelia do you mind my presence, your father told me about your strategic abilities? I would love to make myself a picture," he asks enthusiastic. Not like he is the don to one of the strongest mafias, but mire like a family dad or something.

I look to my father and he nods encouraging.

"Sure. I don't mind," I answer smiling, knowing damm well that there is no way I can reject that offer.

Isn't like I just made out with son.

We will just ignore that fact.

"You probably still learn something from my daughter," my father mocks in a buddy kind of way.

It really is scary how fast they went from arch enemies to best buddies.

We played some time talking about different strategies of chess and past games ,before the question I waited for the whole time was raised.

"Aurelia, you know I heard you in the hallway after dinner," Mr. Ricci states.

I glance over to my father, who observes me closely.

Looks like he already told him.

"You heard me?" I ask, playing the whole thing dumb.

My father chuckles, knowing damn well that I speak Russian. Realizing that playing dumb will not bring me far I chuckle as well. The least I can do is try.

"I must say. I was surprised about what you said," he states coldly, calculated. That catches my attention and I avert my glaze from the chess board to Mr. Ricci, looking him deep in the eyes.

"How come so?" I ask in a similar tone.

"Sweetheart," my father warns me realizing my change of mood.

"Positively surprised but surprised. You know I suspected you know more then you give up to, but this just proved that you have good intentions with it," he explains.

"I told you. My daughter is calculated and not in a bad way. It should surprise you that she is the smartest in the room," my father declares proudly.