Chapter 19 - Scavenger hunt

The last Chapter dealt with the first day of the team challenge week in boarding school. After loosing the escape game against Ceph (team yellow), Aurelia and Cax won the paintball match due to teamwork between the two. Eventually, Aurelia lost a bet against Cax hence she will have to go on a date with Cax.

Chapter 19 - Scavenger hunt

After the paintball game yesterday, I spent the rest of the day with Ceph working on the mission. To keep it short, we find some leads but nothing important yet. Our men at the warehouse are trying to hack the target's phone at the moment but it is pretty secure. Additionally, we have to be careful not to be noticed. Otherwise, it could lead Charles directly to me. And to say I want to avoid that from happening is an understatement.

Today is another day of team challenge week, I am a little bit excited about the games today. I mean Cax and I do make a great team. I think we have grandiosely proven that in the paintball match yesterday.

Aurelia stop smiling like an idiot.

I am just saying that it was fun. Beside the whole struggle we have with keeping my identity a secret and trying to find a lead about Charles, it was a great distraction.While playing, I was able to turn off my head, which normally is full of all these thoughts pressing down like a fucking straitjacket. I was finally able to breath again without feeling the pressure. I felt like a feather and not a damn elephant. Not that my weight has anything to do with that.

And maybe or maybe not, Cax played a big role with that. 

Yeah okay not just maybe. Honestly though I believe that 

Besides, from what I heard Ceph had fun too. Maybe a little too much. The fun's name is Val for the protocol. I am going ti have an eye on those two. Still he should be careful that the Russian mafia princess does not fall for him. Just imagine Cax would find out. That would definitely be ugly. However, I am really to see him that happy again. The whole matter with his brother was caging him. 

You might ask yourself why I am not out of bed by now seeing that it is--

I roll over in bed looking at my phone 11:23 am. 

We have the morning free, the teacher faculties advised us to get more sleep. Something about a challenge taking place in the night. And I would never skip an opportunity to get some more sleep. I mean are you really questioning that.

Additionally, I used my time in bed to call my family. They are really excited for me to come home for the holidays. They also talked a lot about the upcoming mafia ball hold at our place in the holidays. Normally, this just takes three days with the ivy families - my nickname for the elite mafia families - stay at the place where it is hold.

However my mother told me in the call:

"Your father actually meets with the Russian don today."

"Why?" anxiety rising in my chest. Why would dad take to Cax'S father? If they find out that both their children attend the same American boarding school we are in deep trouble. Under no circumstances they should communicate with each other. Nothing good I can imaginee can come out of this. Especially considering that our families are enemies since many generations. Why would they suddenly change that?

"Your father don't want you to worry but there is a new threat arising, and the Russians seemingly have the same interest in seeing the threat - how do I say that - dissolved," my mother tried to downplay.

I know exactly what that means. I am no dummy. They consider an alliance with their arch enemy the Russians. And for such a treaty to accept for my father, the sky must be falling down. That means the new threat has to be serious. The question is who is the new threat is that for my father to consider such thing?