Love?

Chapter 3:

Sophia's POV:

I run out of the dining room and into the nearest toilet. I get down on my knees and puke into it, gripping onto the toilet seat. James rushes in after me and holds back my hair, while rubbing my back. When I think it's gone, I stand up.

"I'm sorry about that," I gasp, holding my stomach.

"Are you okay?" he asks and I nod. I feel like I'm going to puke again, so I get on my knees and lean over the toilet. I puke into it and hold onto it for dear life. Zach peeps his head in and almost gets sick himself when he sees me.

"Oh fuck," Zach mumbles, covering his eyes.

"Leave, Zach," James orders, holding onto me and Zach happily leaves. I brush my teeth and rinse my mouth over and over again. "You stay in bed; you're taking the day off."

"I'm fine, James," I assure him and he shakes his head in disagreement.

"No you're not, you've been sick for the past few days. Now, come on into bed." He had to lift me out of the room to get me in my bed. "Now, Zoey will look after you."

"Please, James," I beg. I was feeling really better. I've puked almost every day this week. I must have caught a bug in school but I don't like missing school, so I want to go, no matter how bad I feel.

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" I nod. "All right then." I hug him close and he chuckles. "I think you need to brush your teeth again." I hit him playfully and he laughs louder. I get off the bed and get my bag. "Ready?"

"Yup." We go into the car and James drives us to school. During the journey, I think about that night last month, the night I had sex with Jake. I can't believe it's already been a month. I notice him look at me from time to time but we haven't talked since and I plan on keeping it that way. When I get out of the car, I see him against his car making out with some girl. I don't know why but it made me feel jealous. Why did I feel jealous, it's not like I still had feelings for him? Did I? No I can't, I hate him.

"See you later," Zach says, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Bye," I answer. James and Zach smile at me before leaving over to their friends. I look over at Jake again, disgusted. A tear falls from eye and I quickly wipe it away. I try to stop it but more tears start to fall. I run away into the girls' toilets. The schools biggest slut was there doing her make up as I came in. She laughs at me as I lock myself into one of the stalls.

"Aw poor Sophia," she sneers, "What's wrong?" She is such a bitch! I quickly wipe my tears away and unlock the door. I walk out with my head held high. "You poor baby."

"Fuck off, Elena." I storm out of the toilets and hit into Jake. Oh no!

"Sophia," he says, helping me up. I thank him and walk away. "Wait," he continues but I keep walking. I go to my locker, where I'm greeted by my two best friends.

"Did you get sick again today?" Jayden enquires and I nod. "Maybe you should go see a doctor, in case it's something serious."

"I doubt it," I disagree, taking books out of my locker. I put them into my bag and look back up at them. The first bell rings, signalling class starts in five minutes.

"I've got to go, see you two later," he says.

"Bye," Emily and I say in unison as he walks to his first class. Emily looks at me, a bit worried. "Are you okay?" She nods quickly. "Are you sure?"

"Okay there's something I need to ask you," she sighs.

"Go ahead."

"Do you think you might be pregnant?" she questions simply. Pregnant? Me?!

"What? No!" I say loudly, bringing attention to us.

"Well, have you got your period?" I mentally check my period calendar and my heart sinks. I'm four weeks late! I've never missed a period before. I'm supposed to be having my second one now, that's two! I've been so busy thinking about Jake that I didn't realise I was late.

"No," I whisper.

"How long have you been late?"

"Four weeks." Her face pales.

"Okay, it doesn't mean anything. You might just be late because you've been stressed from this bug," she reminds. Yeah, she's right. I might be lucky not to end up pregnant after their first time. But then again, this puking could be morning sickness, another sign I might be pregnant.

"Do you think it's morning sickness?" I ask.

"Maybe, that's why I thought you might be pregnant in the first place. After school we'll get you a pregnancy test and see."

"Thank you," I say and she hugs me tight. "I better get to class."

Jake's POV:

I was sitting beside my girlfriend, Nicole, we got together last night. Sophia enters into class late which is unusual because she's never late.

"I'm sorry, Mrs Hayes, I had to go to the bathroom," she says, looking kind of distracted. I wonder what's going on with her.

"Okay, dear," Mrs Hayes says. She never was okay with me going to the bathroom and missing five minutes of class, so why was she okay about it for Sophia? Sophia sits at the desk beside me; it was the only chair left. Now is your chance to talk to her, Jake, don't waste the chance!

"Soph, we need to talk," I whisper.

"Mr Campbell, is there something you want to say to the class?" Mrs Hayes asks in front of the wole class. God, I hated her.

"No, Mrs Hayes," I respond politely and she starts talking about whatever subject this is. I keep looking at Sophia and it was obvious that she was trying not to look at me. I've never felt this way about someone and it's actually scaring me.

What is this feeling? It can't be love, I don't love. Well, I love my parents but I've never loved anyone who wasn't family. I haven't loved anyone like that, not even my old girlfriends, I just use them and I hate that about me. I don't love Nicole but what about Sophia? No, I don't. I remove my gaze from her from her and don't look back at her again for the rest of class.