James Knows.

Chapter 7:

Sophia's POV:

The bell rings, school was over. I say goodbye to Emily and Jayden and walk over to James' car. Zach was there waiting.

"Hey", he says, looking up from his phone. I smile.

"Sorry I was late", James says, walking over to us. "Sophia how are you, I went looking for you after you got sick but I couldn't find you".

"Don't remind me, it was disgusting", Zach says.

"Yeah wasn't too fun for me either", I agree. James hugs me.

"Why didn't you ring Mum, she said if you felt unwell that she'd collect you", Zach says.

"I didn't want to miss classes". We get into the car.

"I've never known anyone who wanted to go to school", James says.

"Yeah," Zach agrees. When we get home I go up to my room and do my homework. When I'm finished I decide to look some things up about pregnancy, might as well be prepared. James comes in and I quickly close the laptop. He sits beside me.

"Sophia, what's going on?" he asks, concerned.

"There's nothing going on", I lie. I was a really bad liar; everyone knew when I was lying.

"Soph, I know when you're lying". I sigh. "Come on tell me". I can't. I don't want to deal with more shouting! "You're all keeping something from me and I have a feeling it has something to do with you". You're right it has to do with me. "Sophia?"

"Fine!" I shout, I was so annoyed. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to snap. I'm just a bit hormonal". He nods. "The thing I'm keeping from you is......that...." He raises an eyebrow. "I'm pregnant". He looks angry, angrier than I've ever seen him before. "Please don't be mad".

"Mad I'm not mad, I'm fucking furious", he shouts, through gritted teeth. I start crying.

"Please James I don't want more people hating me", I beg. He looks at me with concern this time.

"I'm sorry Soph, I didn't mean to shout". He hugs me tight. I cry into his chest. "I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at whoever this dickhead is".

"Jake", I whisper. He sighs.

"Not Jake Campbell?" I nod. "I'll murder him".

"Please don't".

"Why are you defending him, he got you knocked up. He's ruined everything for you, your school work which you've been amazing at and your life. A baby is hard work Soph, especially if you're on your own".

"I know it is".

"But you're not on your own, you have me and everybody else."

"I know".

"From now on, please tell me these things, do you not trust me enough?" he asks.

"Of course I trust you, and I promise to tell you everything from now on".

"When and where did it happen?" he asks.

"At his party 4 weeks ago, I stayed at his house not Emily's". He nods.

"So am I the only one who doesn't know?"

"Yeah except for Jake".

"Right, I'll see you later. I'm going to see someone".

"Wait you're not seeing him, are you?"

"No, I'm going to beat the shit out of him tomorrow, I'm going over to my girlfriends". He had a girlfriend?

"Who's that?"

"Her name's Isabella, she's been my girlfriend since this morning".

"You should tell me these things too", I say. He chuckles.

"Got it, bye". He leaves and I go back on that pregnancy website. I was laying on my stomach I hope I wasn't hurting my baby. I get off my stomach just in case.

"Just Daddy to find out now li'l baby".

I smile at thought of him actually being okay with it and being there for me. But that wasn't going to happen, we hated each other. And I hated him even more now. The only thing I like about him is that he's given me a baby. Our baby. I move my fringe out of my eyes and look back at the screen. I didn't realise that I had fallen asleep.

I woke up the next day. Finally no morning sickness today, wait don't jinx it. I don't know why but I felt wonderful today. I woke up with a smile on my face. Maybe it was because it was the weekend and I didn't have to see Jake. I have a shower and put something comfortable and cute on. The doorbell rang. Zach calls me and I go to the front door.

"Hey", Emily and Jayden say.

"Hi you guys, what are you doing here for?" I ask.

"We're here to go shopping with our best friend", he says.

"I don't know", I say. Jayden and Emily give me their puppy dog eyes. I couldn't say no to those eyes. "Fine". Emily squeals happily. "I'm just going to get my bag". I go up to my room and grab it. James was sitting at the kitchen table, he wasn't a morning person. "I'm going shopping".

"Wait are you sure you're going to be okay?" he asks.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" He glances at my stomach then back at my face.

"Never mind, text me if something happens". I nod and kiss his cheek goodbye. He chuckles and wipes my lip stick off his face. I go back to the front door.

"Ready", I say. They smile and we join our arms. Jayden drives us to the shopping centre. It's great to finally forget about my pregnancy for a few hours and just have fun. When I get home I go straight to the couch and sit down. I felt so tired.

"Do you want something to eat?" Zoey asks.

"No thanks, I had something there Zo". She nods and goes into another room. I guess back to my pregnancy again. The fun times were over.