Recovery Ward.

Chapter 34:

Sophia's POV:

I awake feeling refreshed, but, still slightly tired. I rub my eyes and yawn. I feel fingers delicately rub against my cheek. The soft, familiar tingles overwhelm my body. I know those tingles anywhere; I don't even need to open my eyes to know who's touching my cheek. A huge smile lights up on my face and I open up my eyes, revealing my perfect fiancé, Jake, who is gazing down at me with such love and fascination.

"Hi, gorgeous," he greets with a bright smile. He smashes his lips on mine spontaneously, much to my happiness. He slowly pulls back and rests his chin on my shoulder, staring up at my eyes. He leans in ever so slightly and kisses my cheek.

"You never stop being cute, do you?" I ask, poking his nose.

"You make me like this; I can't help being this way around you. I just love kissing you," he admits, nuzzling his nose against my cheek, causing me to shiver with delight. "How are you, sweetie? Do you still feel tired?"

"A tiny bit, but also refreshed. How long did I sleep? How are the twins? How was the bath?" Excitement rises within me at the thought of watching the video of them having their first bath.

"You slept for about twelve hours, it's eight P.M. now. I woke up like fifteen minutes ago and went to bed about half an hour after you. The twins are fine, honey, don't worry. I haven't seen them since they were put in the nursery but I'm sure they're absolutely fine. The bath was adorable, they were crying though, but only for a little bit. Watching them cry broke my heart, I wanted to make them happy so much. Then, after the bath, the nurses brought them to the nursery to sleep with the other babies and I stayed outside and watched them for about fifteen minutes before coming here because I didn't want to be away from you too long. Then, I gave you a huge kiss, thanked you again for the babies, told you I loved you and wished you a wonderful sleep before sleeping on that couch. And just a few minutes ago, I woke up and gave you another kiss. Then, I checked my phone and saw I had so many messages from people to come and visit us and the twins. So, I waited by your side and watched you sleep because I didn't want to reply until you confirmed if you wanted visitors."

"Thanks for being considerate, Jakey, I really appreciate it. Well, it's eight now, it's getting late. But I'm sure everyone is dying to see them, so, sure, tell them they can come. How was your sleep on the couch? Was it comfortable?"

"I'll text them right now then. My sleep was great, as soon as my head hit the pillow, I fell asleep. It was quite comfortable. I'll show you the video after I've texted everyone back, you'll love it!"

"I can't wait to see them and watch the video. When do you think they'll bring them in?"

"We can ask to see them whenever we want, I'll go get the nurse if you want?"

"Please do, I miss them so much already."

"Me too," he agrees. He gets up and kisses my forehead tenderly. "I love you, Sophia."

"I love you too, Jakey. Your hair is so cute when it's messy," I compliment, ruffling his hair.

"Oh God, I better clean it up before speaking to the doctors and visitors. Also, the twins might find me scary if I look all messy like a monster."

"You do not look like a monster at all, you look so cute. It's a really cute, natural, messy look, it suits you."

"Thanks, baby, you finish messaging everyone back for me and I'll go see the nurse." He hands me his phone and heads out the door. I text everyone back and then, when I'm finished, I put the phone down on the bedside table. Jake returns, pushing a bassinet into the room while gazing down at the little bundle of joy inside it. A nurse wheels the other bassinet inside and leaves it beside my bed. She tells me she's bringing my food in soon, then, asks if we're all okay or need something before leaving. Jake takes Arabella out of the bassinet he was wheeling and passes her to me.