What Should I Do?

Chapter 25:

Sophia's POV:

"You know this is the one time I've been worried about a test," Jake confides, tapping his fingers against the desk. I wasn't really listening to him; I was too busy worrying about Avril because she never came into school today. It was our last class today and she didn't turn up for any of them, no one has seen her today. Did something bad happen her, maybe it was just really bad morning sickness, hopefully. "Sophia, are you there?" I blink multiple times and look around the room; I had forgotten where I was.

"Um... yeah, I'm here," I confirm softly.

"What's on your mind?" I shake my head, I can't tell him about Avril, I promised her not to tell anyone. "Okay, that's it. I'm taking you home; you've been like this all day. There's obviously something up so you need to rest and relax."

"No, Jake, it's nothing. Nothing's up, I promise. I'm just going over the test in my head," I lie, making it up on the spot.

"Okay, if you're sure. But just so you know, you can tell me anything, whatever it is," he assures. I smile and kiss his cheek as thanks.

"You two are so soppy," Austin chimes in.

"They're just in love, leave them alone," Charlie remarks.

"You're just saying that because you're in love too, lover boy," Alex sneers, making Charlie give him a glare.

"Well at least I can get a girl," Charlie taunts. Ooh, he got Alex back.

"Oh he can get a girl, he just can't keep them," Bennett corrects.

"Either can you, Bennett, you fuck like every girl," Danny reminds.

"Danny, you're worse than Bennett and you know it," Cameron points out.

"Jake used to be the worst in the whole school until little Sophia came along," Brad breaks in, winking over at me. Jake's past made me a little jealous. Were all the other girls better than me? What if Jake gets bored of me? What will I do then without him? Does he really want to be a family or is he just saying that to make me happy? Will he go back to his old ways and cheat on me? A tear escapes my eye and I wipe it away but more start to fall.

"Sophia, babe, come here," Jake frets frantically, taking me into his arms while I cry into his chest.

"Soph, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings or make you upset," Brad apologises softly. Everyone in the classroom were staring at me with shock, they didn't think I would start crying because of a stupid comment but they don't know what I'm really crying about. I'm crying about Jake, Avril, the twins, school and all the other fucked up things in my life. I'm scared Jake will leave me, I'm scared Avril is hurt, I'm scared the twins will hate me and I'm afraid of getting another bad grade. Why can't something good happen?

"It wasn't you, Brad, it was something else. I was just thinking too much about something," I assure him, wiping my last tear away.

"You're scaring me so much, Soph, what's going on?" Jake demands to know.

"I'm just worried about the future that's all," I say.

"Me too, but I know I'll have the three most precious things to me in my life forever; you and the twins. So don't be worrying, I won't let any bad things happen," Jake reassures me. I smile and give him a tight hug.

"What about us? Aren't we precious to you?" Danny inquiries.

"You're all be number 8 on my list of precious things," Jake notes.

"Wow, shows how much we mean to you," Austin says sarcastically.

"I'm joking, you guys mean a lot to me, you're all like my brothers," Jake states.