Birthday.

Chapter 26:

Sophia's POV:

It's Friday, it's been a week almost two since I found out the sex of the babies. I am now 22 weeks and still big, unfortunately. Avril hasn't been in since last week when she told me she was pregnant. She never gave me her number so I can't ring her to find out if she's okay. I've tried to ask Elena where she lives but she won't tell me. She wants nothing got to do with Avril anymore. It's my birthday tomorrow and my mother's going to miss it, she's not coming back till next Monday. It was my last class of the day and there was only four minutes left, I was in History with Jake and the others. We're getting back our tests we did last week and I know for a fact that I didn't do good.

"Okay class, I'll give you back your tests now," our teacher announces. He starts passing tests to people then he hands Jake his and me mine. I didn't look at the grade I was too busy looking at Jake's expression. He looks happy really happy, I hope this means he did good.

"What did you get?" I ask intrigued. He turns his test around so I can see the grade. It was an A+! I'm so happy for him. "Aw, that's great, Jakey, congratulations! I knew you could do it!"

"Thanks, Soph, it's the best fucking result I've ever gotten and I have you to thank. Thank you, thank you, thank you!" He tackles me with kisses. I laugh and look back at his test. He answered all the questions and got them all right, I've so proud of him. "What'd you get?"

"I don't know, I never looked and I don't think I want to look," I admit. He gives me a weak smile and kisses my cheek.

"I'm sure it's not as bad as you think, Sophia." Yeah, he's right. I think I got an F, maybe I didn't, I should think more positively from now on. I look at my test this time. I got an even worse result than my science test. I got all the ones I remembered correct but I lost a lot of marks for the ones I didn't do.

"I got a C-," I mutter, still not believing it. I can't believe I got a C fucking -!!!! I'm so mad at myself and disappointed.

"Hey that's not bad," he assures.

"It's better than I thought I would get."

"I'm so sorry, Soph, I've been making you help me instead of you studying yourself."

"It's not you, Jake, you were helping me too, it's my own fault." The bell rings and people head out of the classroom.

"Hey, Jake, what'd you get?" Charlie asks while him and the others walk over to us.

"An A+," Jake says in a very cocky tone.

"Yeah right!" Danny mumbles sarcastically.

"See for yourself then," Jake says, passing them the test.

"Whoa, Sophia's made him a changed man, he's now a goody goody," Cameron gasps.

"What'd you get Soph?" Alex wonders.

"C-," I mummer.

"Holy fuck, it's like you two switched brains," Brad breaks in.

"That's not support or sympathy, Brad," Austin says, glaring at him.

"It's okay, Soph, it's not bad and you have an excuse anyway with all the stress and things you're going through," Bennett reminds.

"I guess so. Does anyone know where Avril lives?" I question.

"Yeah, why?" Alex inquires.

"Can you write down her address for me?" I ask. Alex nods and writes on a sheet of paper her address. "Thanks, Alex."

"Are you going to see her or something?" Jake asks.

"Um.... Yeah, it's for science," I lie.

"Hey speaking of Avril, what's being going on with her and Elena, I heard them shouting last week but I couldn't hear what they were saying and Avril has been out for the past week," Charlie says. I act like I know nothing about it and then the subject is changed to what the guys got in the test. Even they did better than me, no offence to them.