𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

𝚂𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗: 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚒𝚍 -- 𝚝.A.T.𝚞

𝚁𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐: 𝚐𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚕. 𝙽𝚘 𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

I felt like I was paralyzed. My body was numb. I couldn’t feel anything. I was standing, but I couldn’t move forward. It was like there was a wall of wispy hands holding my body in place.

I didn’t know if this was a dream or what. I couldn’t tell the difference between this and reality. It felt all too real.

The sound of footsteps echoed, bouncing off the inside of my mind. A figure slowly walked past me. Their steps weren’t slow because they were menacing; they were slow because the person was dragging their feet. They all but stumbled forward, leaning against a wall that seemed to appear from nowhere.

[...] are you there?”

It was a woman. She called out a name, but I couldn’t understand what she had said. It was almost muffled to me before everything else became clear.

I’m here. What happened to you?”

Another figure seemed to walk from the shadows, materializing out of nothing. They stood across from the woman, grabbing her as she buckled to the floor. They eased onto the ground with her, hands on her shoulders.

I...I lost against him. It’s over...we...we’re doomed.”

Master, do not speak in such a manner! It’s not over yet!”

The woman coughed. “It is. Do not even think of going after him. You’ll die.”

“It’s the only way. If I don’t try, then he will take over everything. This world would reduce to nothingness. I refuse to allow that!”

“You’ll be destroyed!”

The woman grabbed the person by their arm as they stood. They looked at each other hard.

If that’s what it takes to bring this battle to a closure--even if it’s only for a while--then so be it. I am not a hero for nothing, Master. I will do everything I can to save the world!”

“No! I forbid you!”

The figure had already slipped away, disappearing within the shadows. The woman sunk lower to the ground, tears pricking the corners of her eyes. She fisted the ground, screwing her eyes shut tightly.