𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢

𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗: 𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚘𝚖 -- 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚜𝚒𝚖𝚣

𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐: 𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚍. 𝙼𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚕 𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚒𝚙𝚞𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢

Daisuke was fast. Faster than even Deku. But he was stiff. There was almost no fluidity to his movements. One hard blow to his back and I was almost positive his spine would break. 

I backed off. He grinned as I jumped back, keeping my hands up in defense. I flicked my gaze to my family.

“What’s the matter, Y/n?” Daisuke asked, twirling a blade around his finger. “Scared?”

“You wish I was,” I replied. “But, I’d like to ask you something. You gave me three hours, thirty minutes, and thirty seconds. This is the third wind, the third room on the third floor. Does this have to do with the rule of three, referring to writing? If you don’t know, let me explain. The rule of three suggests that a trio of events or characters is more humorous, satisfying, or effective than other numbers.”

He grinned. “Good try. But that’s not the reason,”

“No, you’re right,” I said, pointing a finger to him. “The Father, The Son, and The Holy Ghost. The Holy Trinity. ‘Therefore having been exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He, Jesus, has poured forth this which you both see and hear.’ That’s Acts 2:33. This is our third meeting, Daisuke. It’s no coincidence that these occurrences have lined up,”

I grabbed him from behind, locking my arm around his throat. He choked out a startled gasp, the kunai clattering to the ground as he grabbed my arm. His nails dug into my suit, but it didn’t tear due to the carbon fiber material. I leaned close to his ear, my helmet retracting from my face. 

“You see yourself as some kind of savior. A man who, if he is successful, could manipulate a woman into his bed. But your inferiority complex is overruling your god-like complex. You want to be the highest, but you think everyone is better than you. You must have an older sibling, or someone you looked up to; they betrayed you, left you in the dust, and became stronger than you when they promised to help you. You want anything in the world to get back at them for that, show them how much better you are than they are. You want to prove yourself. But you’re too afraid to do it all straightforwardly,”

I pulled him back, halting his struggling movements. I wasn’t cutting his air off enough to where he’d pass out, but he couldn’t breathe easily. And if he really wanted too, he could break away from me. But he didn’t. He just listened with wide eyes.