𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

𝚂𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗: 𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚎 -- 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚙𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚝𝚜

𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐: 𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚍. 𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚜𝚝. 𝚜𝚕𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚛𝚎

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

“You’ve changed,”

Miyu stood in the middle of my room, her hands folded in front of her. She gazed at me with concerned eyes, her hair falling over her shoulder, causing her to push it behind her ear. She watched as I turned my back to her, facing the closet. 

“I had to. I couldn’t be the same person to do this,” I said. 

“You’re covered with scars,” She whispered, making me tense as she put her hands on my bare back. “Oh, Y/n.”

“Stop doing that, Yu-yu,” I said, taking my suit from my closet. “You’re only making yourself sad.”

“Doesn’t it make you sad?” She said, eyebrows laced together. “You were so…”

“Weak,” I said, slipping the compression shirt on. “Things happen, Miyu. People change because of the worst. I’m just one of those people. I had to get stronger in order to save the people I cared about the most.”

“But why did it have to be you?” She said, making me look over my shoulder. I stopped at the sight of her watery eyes. 

“Miyu--”

“Why couldn’t it have been Jojo or I? We’re the oldest! We’re supposed to be the ones protecting you! You shouldn’t have to do all of this to protect us, dammit! It hurts to see you like this, Y/n! My little sister, who would cry when she fell and scraped her knee; my little sister, who sat huddled on the couch during movie night reading books; my little sister, who would always love to tag along with her older siblings whenever we went out because you loved to be around us; my little sister, who was so smart and talented, who would sit for hours and hours on end studying and proving herself; my little sister, who was so innocent, and so sweet! What happened to her?”

I could see the pain in Miyu’s eyes. It saddened me to see her so heartbroken over this. 

“She realized...she’d do anything to make sure she could make more memories with her family,” I said, looking down as I fastened my belt. “And she realized how cruel people actually were. I sheltered myself, Miyu. I hid away. And I’m done doing that. You saw that broadcast, and you know exactly what’s going to happen next.”