We're Gonna Get Married

"Nik, please don't let me fall. I have been dreaming of this day since we were little, just don't let me fall." Laughter fills my ears and I look over at my twin brother who is smiling down at me. Even through all of the pain and heartache this man has caused me, he is my twin until the end. Tonight is when he plans to end it. If he waits any longer, Hope will suffer long term. Of course through his death, I die as well. I still have yet to tell Damon... my love... my soulmate. Though it be selfish, I want to be married to Damon before I die. I have been in love with him for a century and he is my everything. Without him, I would be a mere speck of dust floating in the wind.

"I will always catch you, Tanya." As he says this, I remember back to a time from a long time ago, before Damon... before Hope... before we were monsters... back when we were human.

"Father, please! I didn't do it! Father, please!" I yell out as father brings his hand down against my stinging skin once again. Tears well in my eyes as he hits me so hard I am sure to falter. I feel myself start to fall, but before my legs can buckle, I am caught by someone muscular. I turn around and see my brother holding me. We are both 16, but he is strong... much stronger and bigger than I. He catches me and starts to run with me away from our abusive father. When we get to a safe space in the woods, he stops and holds my head in his hands, assessing my bruises and injuries. Tears stream down my cheeks as I thank him for catching and saving me. He gently pulls me into his chest and wraps his arms around me tightly. "I will always catch you, Tanya."

I come back to the real world when Nik says, "no tears on your wedding day, Tanya." I look up at him as I wipe a tear from my eye and see him doing the same. I laugh and he smiles then hugs me, careful not to smudge my makeup or tossed my hair. Piano music starts to play and then we straighten up and he puts one of my arms in his. He kisses the top of my head as the door opens and we both face the small crowd staring at us.

We pass the scoobydoo gang from Mystic Falls and I smile at Matt, the only decent one of them all. We then pass Davina and my siblings standing on the opposite side. I smile at them as well. We then reach the end and Nikkie kisses my cheek then gives my hand to Damon. Damon guides me up the stairs and I stand facing him, my hands in his. He smiles at me as I do him and I look at my baby brother who smiles.

"Friends and family, we are gathered here today to celebrate the union of my darling sister Tanya and the muskrat Damon. I roll my eyes but he just winks and smiles at me. I turn to Damon as Kol continues through the ceremony. This is it. I finally get to marry my love. My soulmate. My everything. Damon is my eternal and without him, I would be nothing. "You may kiss the bride." Kol says. I look at Damon and then we lean in to one another.

As I kiss Damon, it becomes just the two of us. The people in the audience and my darling Kol are of no matter right now. It is just Damon and I as we share our first kiss as husband and wife. I hear Kol tell us to pull apart from one another, but I ignore him and continue to kiss the love of my life.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

It's hours later and I walk up to my brothers standing next to one another. I knew Elijah would be here. He wouldn't know what to do without Nik and I. Without having to track us down and yell at us for being idiots again, time and time again. I smile at them and they do me. First, I hug Elijah. The last time I will see my brother in this life. Tears start to fall and I pull him even closer to me, wrapping my arms tightly around my big brother. Elijah was more of a father to me than either of my actual fathers. Whenever father would go on a rampage, Elijah would protect me. Whenever I was scared of the ugly beasts in the village, Elijah was there to comfort me. I then pull away from Elijah and kiss him on the cheek. Then I turn to Niklaus. 

Even through everything Nik and I have been through, he is my other half. I wrap my arms around him and bury my head in his shoulder. Tears are now pouring down both our faces and I take a shuttering breath. I pull away and look at my brothers.

"As much as I want to be here with you two, I have a husband at home that I have to go say goodbye to.." They both nod and I kiss each of them on the head one last time. "I guess this is the end for us. I love you both... always and forever. We will see each other in the next life. I love you, my brothers." I spare one last look to each of them and then speed away to be with my love.

As I walk in the door, Damon is there. He smiles at me and I speed towards him. As I reach him, I jump up, wrapping my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. I kiss him full on the lips and ignore the Pierce I few in my heart. I pull Damon into my arms and take in the memory of him one last time. He sets me down and I smile at him as I feel the effects of the special dagger start to work.

"Damon Salvatore... I love you. You are my soulmate. You are my forever.... you are my eternal." And with that, I feel the effects of the dagger fall into full and I fall into Damon's arms. A single tear falls from my eye and I lift a hand to caress his cheek. I take one final breath and the last thing I feel is my arm hit the ground. My eyes close and for once, I fall into peace.

A/N

I-
Tanya is dead 😢
Writing this chapter hurt and this character has been everything to me. I love her so much and am going to miss her.

Anyways 😭😭😭 here's her wedding dress