What happened

It's now several hours after the "family dinner", mother and father left and all of us kids are still sitting at the table. Finn left shortly after mother, so now it's Kol, Rebekah, Nik, Elijah, Freya, and I.

"Tanya, you said you had to compel Damon to forget you?" Elijah asks, breaking the tense silence. I sigh and nod.

"Yes, I had to make him forget everything about me. It wasn't safe for him, and I couldn't let him get hurt. He means everything to me. I can't lose him." They all stare at me shocked.

I see and feel Nik fighting something within his self, and then he vamp speeds away without letting us know any thing.

We all stare at eachother confused, but I ignore the oddness of his leave and turn to Freya.

"Why do you side with our father? He's a monster. He killed us and turned us into the freaks we are today. Why do you trust him?" I ask her. She looks at me with a tear in her eye.

"Mikeal wasn't the man that you all know when I was with them. He was good, and kind. He was always smiling and he loved me. This man that I see now, that's is not my father. This man that you all know, he's... a-a hurt coward. That's the man that you all were raised with, not me." I notice a tear in her eye and she quickly wipes it away.

I go to respond, but I feel something strikes my cheek. My head turns, my body following, and I find myself now on the floor. I groan at whatever Nik is doing, and stand back up. Then I feel something stole my gut and I double over for a moment. Niks enemy continues to beat him, and I feel everything from it.

There's a loud bang from the entry way, and there I see Nik storming in, a body dragging on the ground behind him. We all's rand up at his appearance and he looks at us with a smirk.

"Tanya, dear, I brought your mate back to you. As you can see, and I'm sure you felt, we had a slight misunderstanding. When he wakes, you can compel him to remember you again." He says as he throws the body, who I now recognize as an unconscious Damon, into a chair. I rush over to my love and check his body for any fatal injuries, but see he's clean.

Damon wakes with a gasp, and I sigh as he looks around him fearful.

"What is this? What's going on?" He questions all of us. I sit in front of him and he looks at me shocked.

"I can't. I can't make him remember, because then he'll want to stay, and he'll never leave. Then somebody will come after us and he'll get caught in the crossfire, and it will be all my fault. I can't lose him." I sob out, caressing a cowering Damon in my hands.

"It will be okay, Tanya. We will protect him. We won't let anything happen to him." Elijah says. I look at all my siblings.

It's no longer about I, but now we're about we. Mother wanted us to become a family again, and we did. Just not with her and father.

I kiss Damon's forehead, then make deep eye contact with him.

"Remember."