My Time To Die

I have been in this earth for over a thousand years. I've spent majorities of that time contemplating how I would finally meet peace. Peace that can only come from death.

Niklaus and I are as immortal as they come. Not even the weapon used on my siblings could kill us.

At least... that's what my siblings and everyone else in this world thinks. There is one thing that can kill us, and we have it in our possession.

I've met kings and queens, fought by the side of humans as they so viciously craved something to be there's. I've fallen in love and out of love. I've saved people, and brought others to that same fate I so wish to receive myself.

Here I sit, watching my siblings from afar, my soul mate by my side. They all sit with one another, all of them bloodied and bruised from the furious battle that came our way only hours ago.

I look around me, studying everything I can think of, until I make contact with the most beautiful eyes in the world.

"I love you." Damon smiles at me and says the same. "We won." He nods. He knows little of what Niklaus and I know.

A cruel monster had taken hold of his sweet daughter, my darling niece, and the only way for it to end is a sacrifice from one of her most loved people. Of course, it is not me that must make it, though I would in a heartbeat, but my brother. However, he is my twin, and what happens to one, happens to both.

My brother plans to tell everyone about it day after next. We want today and tomorrow to be with our family once more. After today's battle, we have decided to finally let a peace be amongst the Mikaelsons. It's not fair to any of us that this curse was placed on us, and it is not fair one to blame the other. We still have our histories with one another, and we will never forget, but... we will forgive one another. Always and Forever.

"Can we go somewhere private?" Damon asks from my side. I nod and we both stand up, arms tangled in one another, and say a momentous goodbye.

We make our way to a room a little ways from where my family rests and stop. "When we were fighting... I was watching you the whole time. The whole time. While I was watching you, I just kept falling more and more in love with you. You kept looking at Klaus and Elijah, and all the others, and you were making sure that they were okay. Even if it meant that you got hurt in the process, you kept looking to make sure everyone was okay.

"When you would look back at me and the little girl, Hope, you had love and something else in your eyes, something I couldn't really place. You care so much about your family, and I want to be apart of that. I want to be your family... forever. I know this is kind of crazy, and considering we just fought your parents in some huge supernatural battle, I can't really do this in the fashion we were both raised with, but I want us to be eternal. Will you marry me?"