Shotgun wedding

Is it selfish of me to choose to marry Damon only days before I know I'm going to die? I still haven't told him yet... I just want to be married to him first. Damon is the love of my life, he is my everything, he is my eternal. I don't want to lose him as I stand with one foot in the grave.

"Let's get married today." He looks at me confused.

"Why? We have forever to get married, didn't you always want a big wedding with thousands of people there?" I smirk and roll my eyes.

"First off, it was never a thousand people. Second, I just really want to be married to you as soon as possible!" He nods and kisses my cheek. I smile and then kiss him on the lips.

My phone rings and I roll my eyes. I pull it from my pocket and see Davinas my interrupter.

Hello, Davina darling.
Kol told me. Im so happy for you!
Thank you?
Did you know your brother is certified to marry people. He did it in the 1300's and just did it on the internet to make sure.

I laugh and then hear my sweet baby brother speak into the phone.

I told her not to call. I'm sorry, Tanya.
Nonsense, Kol. Damon and I would be happy for you to marry us. We want to do it today. Does that work for you?
Yes! I'll tell our siblings. They're going to throw everything together beautifully. You two worry about nothing but spending time together. We will send a car when we're ready for the both of you.

I go to respond, but a beep sound sim my ear. I look at my phone and see he hung up, so I laugh and lean into Damon.

"Well, I guess my family is planning our wedding. Do you want Stefan to come?" Damon slaps his forehead as if he forgot something and I laugh.

"I need to talk to my brother. I kinda just left and didn't tell him where I was going." I start laughing so hard that I fall on the floor and Damon rolls his eyes but smiles. He excuses himself, pulling his phone out of his pocket, and walks to the other room. I smile and sit back down on the couch.

Damon Salvatore is my world. He means everything to me. He is my love. I don't know who I would be today without him.