A Love Good Enough for Us

His lips are sweet on mine, they taste like honey with a slight hint of blood after the centuries of indulging in his vampire appetite. When we kiss I feel safe. I feel passion. His arms are wrapped around my waist, holding me tight into him. One hand is on the small of my back, his fingers gently caressing my exposed skin. The other is wrapped in the millions of strands of hair I have, him gently pulling with each time we mold further into one another.

The beautiful thing about being vampires, is that we don't have to stop for air. However, we have to make ourselves stop, so we don't go too much further.

"Is that a yes?" We both laugh and I nod.

"Yes." He kisses my cheek quickly, then grabs my hand and slides a ring on my fourth finger. I stare at it and smile as a memory surfaces.

September 8th, 1962

"Tyra, we've been doing this for a couple years now. Are we gonna... do this for forever, or is this just a long one night stand?" I look over at Damon and smirk. He's always been a hopeless romantic fool... but I think that's why I love him so much.

We met back when neither of us cared about the world; we were both broken then. Now, we're still broken, but we've glued ourselves back together. I find myself falling for Damon Salvatore everyday we're with one another. He's the first guy I've actually spent more than a month with since Mika, the man I once loved. Mika and I were closer than Damon and I are now, but then my brothers came and ruined it.

I tried girls for a while. I thought maybe my problem was that I didn't have a true interest in men, maybe I was lying to myself and that that was why I couldn't find a long term relationship. It was fun while it lasted, but I found myself settling even less for women than I did men.

Then I met Damon. He made me feel alive, he made me feel loved. He still does. I think I love him.

I turn to Damon and look him in the eyes, not to compel him, but for him to know I'm serious.

"Damon, I plan for us to be eternal. I'm in this for as long as we are both living." He smiles as I speak, and I bring him in for a kiss. He wraps his arms around my waist, and mine go around his neck.

We pull apart from one another, and I smirk. "If you need any ideas, for future preference, I like flowers and opals." He gives me a confused look, but then his face shifts to a look of hope.

"Flowers and opals right?" He asks as I zone back in. I smirk and nod. I smile at the beautiful, silver ring I now sport and lean into him. I give him a short kiss, then grab his hand and speed us to my siblings.