We Are Eternal

"Mikaelsons! Mikaelsons ! Attention, my darling siblings!" Damon and I walk in to the room with all the other supernatural freaks, and feel my face burn with a smile. I look at Damon, my arm in his and my other hand holding his arm as if we were in the 1800's, and turn to them. "Damon proposed to me, and I... said yes." I look to my love and then to my siblings preparing to fight them in any way I need to in case they don't approve.

Nik stands up from his chair, and slowly makes his way closer to us. I move to a protective stance in front of Damon, and try to read Nik.

"Niklaus." Elijah warms. Nik spares him no mind, and continues to stare me down. I stand straight and feel the battle in his mind. He speeds past me, grabs Damon, and pins him against the wall. His arm is against his upper chest, and I feel Elijah wrap his arms around me.

No! Not again!

"Niklaus, please! He is everything to me! I've never loved anybody the way I love him!" I continue to scream out as Elijah's grip tightens around me further. I feel hot tears pour down my cheeks and I sob out. "Nik, please." My voice comes out much weaker then I wish, and mentally cringe at it.

Damon looks calm, too calm. He wants to fight Nik, but he knows he will lose. I look over to see if any of my other siblings will help me, but none of them look ready to fight.

"Niklaus, after everything we've been through, please just let me have this one thing. I love him! More than anyone I've ever loved before! Please!" Niklaus looks over at me as I can see he is feeling everything I am, then turns to Damon.

"Do you love my sister?" He asks simply. I wait for Damons response as it takes a few more seconds than I'd like. He looks over at me and I see a tear fall from his left eye.

"Tanya is my everything. She has given me a reason to want to live. When I was in my darkest time, she was there for me. She is my soulmate. I love her more than anyone, If I have to die for her to be safe, I will do it. She is all I care about. She is my eternal." I feel my body go limp in Elijahs arms and I reach out an arm to Damon.

We all stand there, waiting for whatever Niklaus has chosen for Damon's fate. Finally, Nik brings Damon into a hug. We all stare at them shocked. This is a first.

"Damon Salvatore, take care of my sister." With that he is off. I speed out of Elijahs arms and to Damon. I wrap my arms around him and let my body mold to his as I cling onto him for dear life. He kisses the top of my head and makes soothing noises.

I thought Klaus was going to hurt him, or worse. Instead, he surprised us, and has given us his blessing. Damon is my eternal, and Nik sees that. Now I just need to spend the last 72 hours of my life with my mate.