Chapter 4

4.Date Night Part 1

After making sure that Oliver and Elijah are comfortable in the theater room, Stefan went back to his office where Devon was waiting.

"Any news about Trevor?" Stefan asked his friend and proceeded to sit down on the couch in front of Devon.

"Good news. The operation was successful. You know how he is, Stefan. That's Trevor we're talking about," Devon added with a roll of his eyes and Stefan smiled.

"That's true. By the way, thank you for coming over. I really appreciate Elijah distracting my baby. I want tonight to be a surprise for him."

Devon nodded. "No problem. Eli was extremely thrilled when he learned that we're about to visit Oliver. My love missed hanging out with your husband. Also, Eli's fond of you," Devon added with a shake of his head.

Stefan chuckled softly when he heard that. Elijah sees him as a brother figure, and Stefan was pleased to have an adorable little brother.

Stefan smirked when Devon said the word husband. "Ah, I remembered the day when you will drown yourself with alcohol and do stupid things. Aren't I a great matchmaker?"

Devon rolled his eyes again. "Shut the fuck up, man. You don't have to rub it in my face but... thank you," Devon sincerely said and Stefan was surprised by the sudden display of emotion in his friend's eyes.

Devon was not the kind to express his emotions openly. "Thank you for bringing him to me, Stefan. I will owe you for the rest of my life."

Stefan was touched but he scoffed. "Yeah, you owe me but we did not get invited to the wedding," he arched a brow and Devon swallowed.

Devon darted his eyes around and his shoulders tightened. "Uh... why don't we plan for your Date Night later? Shall I call Jesse?" Devon asked and reached for Stefan's laptop.

Stefan almost guffawed when Devon diverted the topic and frantically typed in his laptop. Actually, Devon already explained to them why they were not invited to the wedding, and they understood.

****

Stefan and Devon sat in front of the laptop while Jesse was instructing them what to do. However, the two cannot comprehend what Jesse was talking about; all of the words falling from Trevor's husband seemed like an alien language.

"Guys! Focus! Do you understand what I said?" Jesse was now frowning while Devon scratched his brow. Stefan, on the other hand, was racking his brains trying to understand Jesse's words but it was futile.

"Jesse. Why don't you come here? My jet's available," Stefan whined and Jesse rolled his eyes.

"You think that's easy? When you told this husband of mine that we're allowed to have our honeymoon, I did not expect that we're gonna do it for six months! Six months! This is only the second month, Stef! Order him to come back to the agency. My body won't be able to handle that pervert monster anymore!"

"That pervert monster is your husband, Jesse," Devon reminded the boy with an amused tone but it seemed like his comment was ignored.

Stefan shifted uncomfortably and let out a nervous chuckle. "Well, Trevor offered me a very convincing proposition. Also, I was kind of guilty for tying down Trevor to the agency, so I decided to give him a longer vacation leave. You both deserve it, Jesse."

Jesse's eyes softened and the boy heaved a deep sigh. "Fine. I understand, but I better do something about my insatiable husband. I don't want to become an invalid when I get back. I still have to babysit the twins," Jesse ranted but when he mentioned the twins, Jesse's eyes sparkled.