Chapter 17

Dedicated to: mykaangels

Chapter 17

November 5, 2022
Stefan's Manor

It's a busy day. It's only nine in the morning, but the guests started to arrive. To stay on theme for the birthday party, which is a Royal's Banquet, Stef settled with a black three-piece suit, while I wore a black and white tuxedo. With his arm around my waist, Stef and I walked to the nursery room.

The door was cracked open, so we can hear the commotion and squeals inside. When we stepped into the room, we finally understood what the fuss was about. Jesse, Trevor, Lisa, and the oldies were fawning over the twins.

"Oh my God! My babies are so adorable!" I tried to contain my squeal and almost ran towards the bed where Ethan and Bryer are lying down. Ethan was wearing a suit-inspired onesie, while Bryer is donning a blue onesie with prints of gold, just like a prince that he is.

"Wow. Ethan is serious about acting as Bryer's bodyguard, baby. Look at him. He makes me so proud," Stef remarked, while Trevor nodded in agreement.

"This young man does have style," Trevor referred to Ethan but when Trevor tried to get near to Bryer, Ethan growled; a cute sound that is similar to a growl, that got Jesse squealing.

"Baby Ethan! You are so cool! You're the man," Jesse added with a giggle, and Ethan smiled at Jesse's words, earning surprised gasps from everyone.

"My grandson is a genius! Just like me," Grandfather exclaimed and tried to get near Ethan but was only glared at in return. "Then, Bryer--"

"By..nnuh! Nnuh!"

"But-"

"Nnuh! Nnuh!" Ethan continued to struggle against Grandfather, teary-eyed from frustration and anger.

"Ethan, my baby. Hush... Grandfather will not touch Bryer, okay?" I walked to my baby and tried to appease him with a hug and a kiss on the tip of his nose. From my periphery, Grandfather frowned and sighed.

Ethan blinked slowly while I wiped his tears. "By... nnuh?" He asked and looked at me innocently.

Grandfather laughed out loud and shook his head, making Ethan glance at him. "I promise, Ethan. I won't come near Bryer until you say so. Are we good?"

Ethan stared at Grandfather for a few seconds, all of us in the room breathless as we waited for my baby's answer. Stef sat beside me and pulled Bryer to his lap, my youngest giggling adorably as he reached out for his brother.

When Ethan nodded at Grandfather, the latter smiled and dragged Grandpa Roman and Grandma out of the room. Trevor also went out for a bit for some urgent business.

"How about Eli and Devon? Will they come?" I put Ethan back to the bed when he started to wiggle out of my grasp. Bryer also did the same so Stef just let the twins be.

Jesse nodded. "Yes. Devon's parents are looking after their baby, so they'll be able to attend. I'm glad. I feel like it's been so long since I saw Eli."

"That's true. Has it been a month?" Elijah and Devon were busy opening up an art school, so it's been a while since we got a glimpse of our adorable friend. I can't wait to visit the art school.

"Yeah." Jesse's phone beeped, and when a deep sigh slipped from his lips, I just nodded. "Sorry, guys. My man needs me. I'll be out in a few, and we'll start the party in half an hour."

"Okay. See you later!" When I heard Bryer's giggle, I saw Stef tickling Bryer's neck, while Ethan just stared. I smiled a little and stroked Ethan's cheeks. "Baby Ethan, what's wrong?"