Chapter 19

Chapter 19: The Twins' 18th

Stefan's Manor
Second Floor
7:00 am

With a giggle, Bryer jumped on the sleeping Ethan right on the latter's stomach, earning a cough and a glare from Ethan, but when he realized that it was Bryer, his expression softened.

"Hey, Bry. Good morning to you too. Do you have any other means of waking me up, babe?" Ethan asked with that sweet endearment he only reserved for Bryer because Bryer is Ethan's baby brother.

"What got you so excited?" Ethan asked with a yawn and lazily stared at Bryer who was brimming with excitement, the latter's green eyes sparkling so brightly. Bryer's brown hair was slightly wavy, and it frames his small face and innocent look, a feature Bryer got from Oliver.

Bryer giggled and grinned. "Ethan, it's our birthday! Eighteenth!" Bryer squealed and pinched Ethan's cheek, making the older one wince. The bomb threat incident happened just three months ago, but Bryer was acting like nothing happened.

"That's right," Ethan answered with a soft chuckle and sat up. "Where's my present?"

With a pout, Bryer nuzzled on the hollow of Ethan's throat. When Bryer is like this, the younger one is asking Ethan to coddle the former, making Ethan smile for his brother's adorable gesture. "Of course I have it in my room, but I know you didn't buy me one," Bryer mumbled in a sulky tone, causing Ethan to raise his brow.

"What made you say that, Bry?" Ethan grabbed Bryer's shoulder so he can look at his brother properly.

Bryer chewed his lip and looked straight into Ethan's amused brown pools. "Because... you got home late because of practice. I bet you even forgot it's our birthday today," Bryer protruded his lips and crossed his arms.

Ethan's booming laughter filled the room, and with a wide grin, ruffled his brother's soft hair. "Babe, I did not forget. Will you hate me even if I did?"

Bryer gasped and shook his head furiously. "No! You're the best twin and brother in the world. I will always forgive you, E. Always," Bryer repeated and hugged Ethan tightly. Bryer couldn't ask for a better brother, because Ethan has everything. Bryer just wishes that someday, Ethan will be able to find someone who will love and appreciate Ethan, like they do.

Ethan wrapped his arms around Bryer and sighed. "You're the bestest baby brother in the world too, Bry. I will not hesitate to kill anyone who dares to hurt you," Ethan threatened because that's his responsibility as the eldest.

Bryer leaned back and smiled a little. "But who will protect you, E? I'm also worried about you. Even Dada. Dada and Dad will protect us, but I don't even have the confidence that I can do the same for you," Bryer admitted with a sad smile.

A sudden pang of loneliness crossed Ethan's chest. "My baby brother is so sweet. I'll be fine, Bry," Ethan assured Bryer with a smile that never reached his eyes.

Keeping his tears at bay, Bryer reached for Ethan's hands and clasped them together, Bryer's hands on top of Ethan. "Dear God, my birthday wish is for Ethan to find someone who will love him and protect him like we do. I hope that Ethan will find someone willing to lay their life on the line for him. If you allowed this one wish, I promise to never wish for anything anymore. Ethan is very precious to us, so we want what's best for him. I love you so much, E. Happy 18th," Bryer finished with a tearful smile.