Chapter 15

I plan on finishing this booklet this week. I'll update SMF and TML next week. (◔‿◔)

Chapter 15

November 4, 2021
Stefan's Manor
Morning

S T E F A N

"How is it, baby? Does it still hurt?" I gently massaged Oliver's swollen feet as he sat and leaned against the headboard.

My baby has been carrying our twins so bravely, and this is his ninth month. Oliver has been saying that he looks like he has swallowed a huge watermelon, but he said that he likes it. His morning sickness was gone after the first trimester, and there was no appearance of mood swings for the past few months.

Everything has been going great. Trevor has been the one checking up on Oliver and at the same time, serves as Elijah's doctor. As long as my baby has regular exercise and a balanced diet, he will not have hard labor.

"I'm feeling better, daddy bear. Thank you--aah!" I was alarmed when he screamed so I immediately ran to his side, trying to clear my head and keep my rationality. Oliver was heaving deep breaths, bullet of sweats pooling on his forehead, as he rubbed his stomach for relief.

I held his hand and took a deep breath. "Contractions again, my love?" Oliver nodded and controlled his breathing, as he was taught during the Lamaze class. "That's it, baby. Deep breaths. Come on, you can do it, my love."

Seeing his face contorted with pain is insufferable. There were times when I kept apologizing to Oliver whenever he feels discomfort and pain, to the point where he cries because it was unbearable. Seeing him like that squeezes my heart painfully, and the only way I can ease his pain is to be with him throughout his pregnancy.

My brothers, Chris and Reeve, have been so kind to take over my company for the time being. Even if they were steering the wheel, they still consult me whenever there's a big deal about to be offered.

Having more time was harder than I have expected. I was so used to working, with most of my time allocated to Oliver, that I was having a hard time adjusting to the hours I had left. Therefore, I did a secret project.

I decided to build a porch swing across the gazebo. It was the perfect location because it was hidden by the trees, but close enough to the garden. I asked my gardeners for help with the clearing and planting of shrubs and other flowers to make it cozy and relaxing. Walking to the porch swing would be a good exercise for Oliver after giving birth, and one of the best places to wind down with the twins.

The porch swing was wooden and rustic. Our names were beautifully engraved on the benches, and soon will the names of our twins. We already knew the gender of our babies from our baby shower two months ago. We wanted to do it in the eighth month, but I figured that my baby should be relaxing in such a critical month. I couldn't take his delicate condition for granted, so I always have Trevor on speed dial.

"I'm okay now, daddy bear. The pain has subsided. Thank you," he gently replied and smiled at me tiredly. My ever, so precious husband. I could see from the dark circles around his eyes that his contractions kept him awake. I also can't afford to sleep for more than three hours because something bad could happen to him, and that's the last thing I wanted to happen.

Trevor and Jesse have been occupying the guest room since two days ago. I was being paranoid and always anxious that I will find my baby bleeding again, so I need Trevor near. Jesse didn't mind as well, as long as he can make sure that his BFF is doing well.

The entire family has been blacklisted until Oliver gives birth. It was nothing personal; I just don't want them to stress Oliver any longer. Mom and Dad regularly call, along with the oldies chiming in. Even Marc and the others check on my baby once a week.