Chapter 7

Nope, I will not let you guys wait :) Vote and comment. Mwah!

Guys, thank you for supporting this booklet. I'm also grateful to the readers of Set Me Free and The Missing Piece. Despite my busy sched, I still get motivated to update my stories every week because of your support. 😁😊

Song: Say You'll Never Go

7.Leaves Part 2

"Baby, calm down. Take a deep breath," Stef wiped my tears using a soft towel. He had me straddling his lap while we were perched on the bed. He was rubbing my sides and back for comfort, as Stef helped me with my breathing exercises.

I closed my eyes and felt my lungs expand, helping me deal with my hyperventilation and my racing heartbeat. I cleared my mind and listened to my daddy's cool and baritone voice. It was soothing to the ears that I found myself relaxing in his hold.

Feeling my steady heartbeat, I opened my eyes and Stef's soft expression welcomed me. He smiled gently and pressed his lips on mine. "Calm enough, my love?" He asked while brushing his lips against mine, before cupping my cheeks and examining my face.

I weakly nodded and rested my head on his shoulders. "Daddy... water please." I heard a commotion in my back and Reeve approached us with bottled water. I glanced at Reeve and gave him a small smile. "Thank you."

Reeve nodded, his face still sporting a worried expression. "I'm glad that you're awake, Oliver. How are you feeling?"

Reeve reached for the vacant chair and sat beside us. Stef opened the cap of the bottled water and brought it to my lips. I was thankful for the liquid moisturizing my dry mouth and throat. It was not surprising that I emptied the bottle because I was so thirsty. Stef wiped the sides of my mouth while I sighed pleasantly, my head on his shoulders.

"I feel a bit weak and my bottom is a bit sore. What happened?"

Stef pressed me closer against his chest and I felt his body tremble. "Baby, you bled and passed out. I almost lost you," Stef sobbed and I think the world stopped spinning when I heard his words.

My eyes immediately welled with unshed tears and tried to lean back but Stef was sobbing heavily, his arms trapping me in his tight embrace.

"D-Daddy bear... what do you mean? What happened to the t-twins? What happened to our b-babies?" My heartbeat was racing so fast, it was nearly exploding as I waited with bated breath for Stef's answers, but all I could hear were incoherent sounds.

I turned to Reeve with a desperate look. "Please, tell me that the twins are alright. P-Please... I won't be able to take it if my children get harmed. Please, please... not the twins... no... " My face was blotchy from tears and my chest began to tighten. Not the twins. Not our babies.

"Oliver..." Reeve reached for my hand and gently squeezed it. "All I can say is that you were in a very delicate situation. You should ask Trevor about it," Reeve suggested and I turned to Trevor who gazed at me in relief.

Trevor tucked Jesse first before getting up and sitting on the bed. Stef's hard sobs turned quiet as he nuzzled against my neck. It pains me to witness Stef like this. I want my sweet husband back. I want the handsome, happy, and teasing daddy bear that I love so much back.

Trevor brushed my hair softly and wiped my tears with his thumb. "You got us worried, bud. Even your husband almost lost it when he found you bleeding on the floor. Thankfully, the twins are okay, but you have to be careful. One more bleeding and... you'll... you'll have a miscarriage." The words almost did not leave Trevor's lips. Frustration and helplessness also crossed his expression.