Chapter 18

Unexpected, right? 🤭😁

Chapter 18

18 years later
Blue House Cafe

"One mocha frappe, one strawberry parfait, and two slices of blueberry cheesecake," Ethan repeated the orders with his usual poker face. "Anything else?"

"Same order, to-go!" A girl raises her hand excitedly and fluttered her lashes towards the most handsome waiter in the cafe.

Blue House is just an ordinary cafe inside the most prestigious university in New York, but ever since Ethan applied for a part-time job there a few weeks ago, a wave of female customers filled the cafe.

"Noted," Ethan shortly replied and repeated the orders to the kitchen staff.

He then arranged the receipts and the bills so he won't have any problem later. Ethan has a full schedule during Mondays and Wednesdays. He has a two-hour football practice at five, but not before making sure that Bryer will be able to go home safely.

"That was a good nap," Damien said with a soft yawn and rested his chin on Ethan's shoulder. Soft squeals and stifled screams filled the whole cafe, and as a fan service, Damien smiled and waved his hand.

Ethan just dismissed those excited squeals and patted Damien's head when the bell rang. "Order for table 5, Damien. Make use of your large build and bring them their food," Ethan said blankly and pushed Damien away from him.

The two are close friends, but Damien is older by two years. "Alright," Damien lazily replied and yawned. Ethan is annoyed with lazy and unproductive people, but Damien has been training during his free time, so Ethan decided to let his friend go.

Ethan glanced at the clock. Thirty minutes before five. He needs to pick up Bryer at his art class. Ethan removed his apron and folded it neatly, exposing his toned body and tall frame. "Manager, I'm picking up Bryer today," Ethan told his manager and went out of the cafe.

Sounds of disappointment can be heard from the cafe when Ethan went out, making Damien snicker. "That fucker is as popular as ever." With a shake of his head, Damien went to the staff room to get his phone. However, the message that he read shook his whole world. "Fuck!"

Without wasting a single moment, Damien grabbed his steel case and ran outside. "Ethan! Wait for me!"

Ethan turned around to see Damien running towards him in haste. Ethan was confused, but when he saw Damien carrying a steel case, his heart thumped nervously. "What happened?"

"Give me the key! I received intel that someone planted a bomb in Bryer's art classroom!"

Ethan paled and threw the key of his Ducati to Damien. Damien started the engine and gave the case to Ethan. "That's yours. I have mine in my jacket pocket," Damien informed his friend and revved up the engine, and flew through the streets.

The art classroom was on the fourth floor of the Humanities building. That kind of explosion would cause several casualties, but more than that, Bryer's life is at stake.

Damien cursed internally and prayed hard, hoping that Bryer is safe. The older man is not one to believe in gods, but if it means increasing Bryer's chances of being found alive, then Damien would pray to a hundred gods.

On the other hand, Ethan calmly pressed the emergency button on his smart band. As poker-faced as he is, Ethan was incredibly flustered deep inside. He cannot reach Bryer by phone, but based on Bryer's tracker, the latter is still inside the building. Worst-case scenarios filled his mind, and indescribable fear filled his heart at the off-chance that his brother could get hurt. His sweet, little brother.