Chapter 8

Vote and comment! Mwah! This will be Stefan's POV.

Songs:

• I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing by Boyce Avenue
• Scared to Death by KZ Tandingan

This is dedicated to @Aurorawhisper110230 because I missed you so. 😊

8.Scared

It was just any normal day. I prepared everything my baby might need when he wakes up. Since my brothers decided to look after my company for a while, I have enough free time to be with my baby. We could even cuddle throughout the day and I would be incredibly happy. Nothing brings me joy than having Ollie in my arms.

It's Ollie's third month of pregnancy and Trevor reminded me that the first trimester would be delicate for Ollie, so I made sure that he would be taken care of. As much as possible, I would have him in my arms because I'm afraid that he could slip and hurt himself.

Thankfully, being the sweet and kind baby that he is, Ollie did not mind. In fact, he admitted that he enjoyed being carried around because he feels loved and safe. There's nothing else I would rather do than have him feel safe and warm and loved.

I flipped the pancake over to the plate and the sweet aroma of the breakfast treat whiffed in the air. I placed the plate on the countertop and walked to the fridge. I picked a jar of strawberry jam, a bowl of freshly picked and sliced white strawberries, and of course, my baby's favorite smoothie. I also prepared a bowl of fruits and vegetable salad for the both of us, a few pieces of grilled chicken breasts, and a cup of hot coffee for me.

(cue Scared to Death)

I checked my wristwatch and frowned when I did not hear any alarm from upstairs. Usually, Ollie would be awake by seven because of his morning sickness, then the alarm would go off. It's already 7:30 and I'm starting to get worried.

I reached for the clean towel and wiped my hands. I can't help but feel dread. My stomach twisted into uncomfortable knots and my palms poured cold sweats. I don't like this. Something might have happened. I pushed the special button in my watch, signaling the agency to prepare for an emergency.

I ran upstairs in a panic and the dreadful feeling in the pit of my stomach intensified. I burst through our room and my life was almost sucked out of me when I saw Ollie on the floor, unconscious and bleeding.

"N-No...no, no, no..." I shook my head and immediately went to my baby's rescue. I gingerly lifted his head and torso, my mind swirling with so many negative emotions, my heart racing in a panic, and my limbs trembling like a leaf.

I swallowed hard and blinked away my tears. My left hand cupped his pale cheeks and tapped it lightly. "Baby... Ollie, my love... wake up, please. No, not like this, wake up... wake up... p-please..."

I gathered him up in my arms and my heart broke to pieces when I saw the amount of blood pooling on his lower torso, drenching his PJs. The twins. No. No...no...

"Lisa! Get some help!" I screamed at the top of my lungs while I embraced my baby, the tears coating my eyelashes and dropping on Ollie's cheeks. Even if I was close to breaking down and my emotions were all over the place, I slowly stood up, my chests being squeezed painfully, and I carefully made my way out of our room.

I saw Lisa in the middle of the stairs, and she blanched when she saw Ollie's bloody form. She immediately ran down the stairs to ask for help while I just sat down on the landing. I can't trust my body to climb down without tripping, so I held Ollie close to my body.

I checked his pulse but I was not relieved at all. It was slow and weak. I want to curse everyone for taking a long time to respond when in fact it hasn't been ten minutes since I pushed the emergency button.