Chapter 6

Hey guys. Have I told you how thankful I am for all of the support you gave for this booklet? If not, then a million thanks. Hope you enjoy it :)

This two-part chapter will only consist of Ollie's POV. Vote and comment. Mwah!

The song I chose was Leaves by Ben&Ben. It's so beautiful, and I can't get it off my mind. Have it on repeat. ☺

6.Leaves Part 1

I was roused out of my sleep when I felt a warm hand over my cheek. My heart stopped when I recognized the familiar warmth and motion caressing my cheeks, but I bravely opened my eyes. I hitched a breath when my vision finally adjusted and tears flowed like waterfalls.

"M-Mom..." I uttered despite the tightening in my throat and the scalding tears streaming from my face. My brows furrowed as I tried to understand what was happening as of the moment, but my mind drew a blank.

All I thought about was my mother in front of me, smiling at me so softly, like she always did.

"Awww... my baby. Don't cry. Mommy's here, okay?" My mom cooed and I threw all of my caution out of the window. I jumped towards her and cried like a baby in her chest. She feels so warm.

"Hush, my love. Mommy's here, okay?" She hummed and rubbed my back soothingly. My fingers grasped her shirt desperately and heaved shallow gasps, until I let go of my broken sobs.

All I could think about was being in my mother's arms. All I want to feel is her arms shielding me from all the pain, hurt, and troubles that the world may throw at me. My mother is my superhero.

"It will be alright, baby. We are always here." Mom reassured me and pulled me away from her chest, then wiped my tears gently. "My baby is still a crybaby. I miss you, my Ollie," Mom said with a tremble in her voice as her eyes glistened against the rays of the sun seeping in from the balcony of my room.

"I miss you too, mom. So much," I answered with a soft sob and she smiled.

"Okay, we have to stop this drama. Your dad is already whining downstairs," she added with a roll in her eyes after patting my shoulder.

"Dad? Where's dad?" My mood lifted when I heard about my father. I sorely miss him. I miss Dad.

Mom chuckled and helped get on my feet, then combed my hair with her fingers. "He's on the lakeside, waiting for us. We're going to have a picnic today, baby," Mom said with a squeal and my eyes widened.

"Really?" I couldn't believe it. A picnic? A family picnic? "It has been so long since we had those," I mumbles wistfully and Mom pulls me for a hug.

"That's why we're doing this, baby. Come on, your dad's waiting. I bet he's pouting and throwing a tantrum," Mom said with a chuckle and I giggled. Mom really enjoys teasing Dad.

I scanned my eyes around my room and it's still the same. It feels so nostalgic. I glanced at my desk where I would distract myself from the pain by sketching random stuff.

My mom grabbed my hand and we slowly stepped out of the room that stood witness to all of my struggles in life. This room holds all the secrets I have... even the reason that almost led to my attempted suicide. When the blade was an inch closer to my wrist, my rationality won over and stopped me from harming myself and taking my own life.

I shook my head to dismiss all the negative thoughts and focused on mom leading us towards the lakeside. This is one of the reasons why dad decided to buy the property. There was a small lake where we can relax ourselves, and it is also where I spent my time painting and just enjoying the feel of nature.