two. his red-eyed savior

︵

︵ . . CHAPTER TWO ❜ ━━━━ ₍ 🥀 ₎
his red-eyed savior . .

The young boy had managed to pull out his foot from the root it had caught on after minutes of struggling and with that, he picked up his legs and made a dash to flee and escape the hands of death.

Tommy didn't dare to look back at the horde of undead corpses coming from behind him. There was no point in fighting them without any decent weapon. He figured it would be smarter to just let them roam and burn from the sun when the morning comes.

He continued to run, his staggered breaths and racing heart practically echoed throughout the atmosphere. In the hands of dismay, an arrow had shot through the darkness and unfortunately had jabbed him right on the leg, causing him to let out a yelp of pain as he fell on his knees.

Tommy angrily lifted his head up, expecting to see two dots and a smile on a porcelain white mask but instead he locked eyes with a skinless monstrosity that held bow and arrow in hand. His expression faltered into a terrified look.

"Damn it."

The blonde boy closed his eyes shut. He realized right then that going for a walk in the woods without Wilbur or, at the very least a somebody, was a bad mistake. Tommy would usually turn to Sadie if he and Wilbur had a disagreement or simply, whenever he just needed someone to lean on.

But who could he rely on at this point now that she was dead and gone?

Tommy pursed his lips and trembled at the notion of death, slowly accepting his fate by the bow and arrow aimed straight at him in the head. He wasn't quite ready to join Sadie. He was still determined to save L'manberg and exact vengeance for her death. It wouldn't be a proper death if he died like this.