seven. arsonist's lullaby

︵

︵ . . CHAPTER SEVEN ❜ ━━━━ ₍ 🥀 ₎
arsonist's lullaby . .

The soft cackling of flames rang through her ears like gentle whispers. Rexha opened her eyes, looking up to see bright red flames and ashes painting the dark horizon as if was an empty black canvas. She lifted her head, sitting upright to find herself sitting in a bed of red roses.

The same flowers that associated itself with her.

The brunette slowly arose to her feet but only to find the ground disappearing into a complete, dark void. With a sharp gasp escaping her lips, she found herself falling into the chilling embrace of the blackness beneath her feet.

Darkness engulfed her lungs, enveloping her to swallow her whole. It closed in on her, filling her senses with nothing but dread. Her body helplessly thrashed and screamed for the lack of oxygen. Composure slowly slipped away from the grasp of her fingers.

It beckoned her to close her eyes, to give into it's lullaby.

At that instantshe opened her mouth, gasping for air.

𓆸

Flame-like eyes met ocean blue eyes.

Rexha jolted at the unexpected figure looming over her. She sat upright and grabbed the hilt of her netherite sword that she placed beneath her pillow for moments like this but before she could even react, a pair of hands grasped her shoulders to shake her back to reality.

The brunette shook her head, trying to catch her breath as she stressfully ran her fingers through the roots of her raven hair before looking up to see Tommy.