sixteen. making amends

︵

︵ . . CHAPTER SIXTEEN ❜ ━━━━ ₍ 🥀 ₎
making amends . .

A quiet melody played in the background as Ghostbur floated in the air and strummed the acoustic guitar he had resting on one leg. Rexha had no idea how and where the instrument came from. She couldn't do anything about it and Ghostbur since she couldn't lay a single hand on him.

After that eventful day in the Nether, Rexha constantly found him appearing in and out of her place. Just as he had said, he loved being around her so that's what he did on a daily basis. He quietly resided in her abode, watching her enchant weapons, read books and brew potions while making sure to avoid unnecessary questions that could potentially anger her.

Rexha currently busied herself with her cartography table, mapping out new locations and discreet shortcuts from her sanctuary all the way to Oneiros and L'manberg. She mentally took note that she needed to pay the fallen nation a visit in order to cover more area. She hadn't stepped foot in it for weeks.

The peaceful atmosphere in her rose-filled sanctuary was interrupted by thump of footsteps that crunched the leaves scattered the outside. Her eyes flickered at the figure approaching her and Ghostbur. She momentarily glanced at Ghostbur who too had felt the other presence. Cautiously, she got up from her seat and grabbed one of her netherite swords.

Rexha headed outside, expecting an intruder like Dream considering the ominous aura that she was getting but to her surprise, it was a familiar red cape not a green hoodie or porcelain mask that filled her vision.

"Technoblade?" She lowered the sword she held with her left hand as he trotted closer.

A chuckle erupted from his throat. Technoblade eyed Rexha with a smile growing on his face. "Is that how you welcome a guest? A sword, really?"