twelve. the beginning of the end

︵

︵ . . CHAPTER TWELVE ❜ ━━━━ ₍ 🥀 ₎
the beginning of the end. .

Kristin was the ruling queen of the kingdom. It made her marvel how a sweet, middle-aged lady like her could rule over a throne that held such power. She wasn't anything like the things she'd heard about her. Kristin was dubbed ruthless and unforgiving. Because of this, she was dubbed the Goddess of Death. A ruler renowned for glory and gore.

But she was nothing like the rumors. Kristin was selfless, lovingly raising the girl as if she were her own child.

"I don't remember what happened." She lied.

The moment that arrow stabbed her beating heart clean through the chest, Sadie was long gone. She no longer resembled the person she once was, and that was the day she swore she'd never be Sadie Heroux again.

All but her name and one face in particular from her past memories became a haze to her. A porcelain mask with a smile on its face. How could she forget her own killer's face? The same face that had taken everything from her for the power he craved. Something within her snapped at that.

She had become sick of playing the damsel in distress and the role of the hero.

She no longer wanted to be Sadie.

𓆸

Dream stared at Rexha's once hazel-brown eyes that reminded him of the sunset whenever they'd melt into golden rays from the sun, the same ones that he secretly admired in the past until they changed. Those eyes of hers had lost the purity they once held. They no longer resembled anything like Sadie. It was nothing but anger and something atrocious.