five. a queen

︵

︵ . . CHAPTER FIVE❜ ━━━━ ₍ 🥀 ₎
a queen . .

"Tommy, you are to never speak with that woman again."

The blonde boy found himself glaring at the words that fell from Wilbur's mouth. He looked at him dead in the eye with arms folded at chest level. "What do you know about her?"

"What do you know about her?" Wilbur returned Tommy's own question back at him. "You can't trust a person you just met!"

"She gave me this compass for a reason, Wilbur. She's help! We can trust her, I just know it!" Tommy retorted, shoving the compass at Wilbur's face.

"Just because she might be an accomplice of Technoblade and that she helped you that one night doesn't mean she'll come to save you again, Tommy." Wilbur let out a scoff, kissing his teeth in agitation.

"You're scaredyou're always looking for someone to depend on. Like Sadie, like me."

Tommy felt tears prick against the brim of his eyes at the moment. His words cut deep into his skin and bones. He couldn't believe what had become of Wilbur. The older brother figure he had always looked upon to.

With his heart on the floor, the blonde boy brushed past the tall man and left abruptly, tightly grasping the compass he held in hand.

A flicker of remorse had found its way in Wilbur's eyes but it quickly hardened. He knew Tommy would never understand. He's a child and he has yet to learn. Although it did worry him a bit.