three. ghost

︵

︵ . .  CHAPTER THREE ❜ ━━━━ ₍ 🥀 ₎
ghost . .

Like towering trees, silence engulfed their still profiles. The wind swung and whispered silently to their quiet thoughts. It was until, the mysterious woman stood up on her feet with grace, the fabric of their black cloak swaying along in an upward motion. The heels of their boots crunched the leaves as she trotted towards him, holding out a hand.

"You should be able to stand and walk. I made sure to patch up your leg good." She told him firmly, watching as he cautiously took her hand in his.

"I still don't get why you're helping me woman." Tommy blurted out mistakingly as he got hoisted up on his feet with her untamed yet peculiar strength. "Oh my god, you're strong."

The woman ignored his blabbering and sighed deeply. "Go back to where you came from. It's midnight and you shouldn't be out here on your own. What is a child like you doing out here anyway?"

"I am not a child, I am seventeen years old!" He gasped softly at the woman who called him as such. "Who are you anyway? You're not from around here innit."

"I go by many names." Her eyes stared deep into his artic blue orbs as she straightened up her posture, arms folding on her chest level in the process.
"But I am

"Rexha."

Her name sounded so foreign to his ear. His pupils dilated as realization hit him like a brick wall. Tommy looked at her in disbelief, causing her to smile at his priceless reaction.

"You're the fucking queen herself." Tommy nearly choked on his spit as he stumbled backwards from her. "You're the arsonist that burnt Exousia to the ground!"