fifteen. ghosts of the past

︵

︵ . . CHAPTER FIFTEEN ❜ ━━━━ ₍ 🥀 ₎
ghosts of the past . .

Rexha hacked her netherite sword repeatedly as she moved through the forest. She required a couple of ingredients for potion brewing, as she had used up all of the ingredients for the Pogtopia versus Manberg revolution days before. The thought of it made her blood boil. She still couldn't accept the fact that her own mother's murderer was the one who revived her.

Recalling what she knows, she woke up one day at the castle in Exousia without any memory from the past asides from Dream killing her that night. According to what Kristin said, her husband had left her in her care. Her mother never mentioned a single thing about the Book of Revival to her, but Kristin raised her, taught her all the things she needed to know and even named her.

Kristin might not have been her biological mother, but she was the perfect mother she had.

Emotions swelled in her chest as an image of her mother etched itself in her mind. Rexha's lips trembled and closed her eyes, trying to contain herself. She might be labeled as a ruthless and unforgiving arsonist, but at the end of the day she was still human. Just a kid who's fighting for her life, or what's left to say the least.

The makeshift grave that she had made for her meters away from the sanctuary she sheltered in was not making things any better for her. It might have been stupid of her to believe in ghosts. The only ghosts she had ever seen was the past, which was currently haunting her.

"Hello Sadie!"