thirteen. it was never meant to be

︵

︵ . . CHAPTER THIRTEEN ❜ ━━━ ₍ 🥀 ₎
it was never meant to be . .

Dawn brings a sunlight crown, smiling upward at the heavens. As if to celebrate Pogtopia's victory over Schlatt's dictatorship, the luminous light shone brightly and rained down on them. Rexha's gaze fell the lifeless body of the fallen dictator that laid cold and still. She may have avenged her mother's death, but she has yet to find peace with herself. It wasn't over yet as long as Dream was alive and L'manberg remained still.

This was simply the beginning of the end.

Arms had suddenly seized the woman's body in a tight embrace. Rexha shifted uneasily and looked down at the two boys. She watched Tommy and Tubbo pitifully sobbed against her chest, their tears dampened the black fabric of her cloak. She didn't her memories to comprehend their feelings. They were one of the few reminiscent of Sadie Heroux in this world. She enveloped them in her arms in an attempt to give them the same comfort that Sadie once had.

Technoblade stood in silence, completely lost in his ocean of thoughts that consisted from a flurry of wild emotions and questions.

He remembered the ache that struck him like lightning two years ago when the news reached him and how that pain fueled his resentment towards the government even more.

He believed that L'manberg was a curse, the cause to blame for Sadie's demise. Her own belief of independence and freedom for the nation became her inevitable downfall. It still hurts him to know that Sadie took everything she had, including her memories of him, his father, and his brothers, to the grave and left nothing behind.

It was something that Tommy and Tubbo needed to understand.

"I'm sorry."

Rexha looked at the blonde and expressed bewilderment. "I shouldn't have yelled at you. I shouldn't have said all those things about you that dayI didn't mean any of it, I swear." He grasped the fabric of hanging over shoulders into his balled fist.