fourteen. puzzle pieces and memories

︵

︵ . . CHAPTER FOURTEEN ❜ ━━━ ₍ 🥀 ₎
puzzle pieces and memories . .

In distress, Dream paced back and forth. He bit at his fingernails as his mask was lifted an inch away from his lips. Sadie Heroux had risen from the dead, and she was nothing like she had been before. It shouldn't be possible to resurrect someone from the dead.

Dream's hands grazed the Book of Revival's leather cover. Schlatt's unfinished story occupied Dream's thoughts. He remembered Schlatt's story about the former queen of Exousia's daughter and how he brought her back to life. He was able to come up with an answer by putting the pieces of the puzzle together.

Sadie had found her way to Kristin during the course of those two years. Dream had no idea who had taken her, given that she was still dead at the time. He made it a point to keep a close check on anyone who attempted to desecrate her grave. As she was revived by the book, she became Kristin's adopted daughter. Schlatt murdered her mother, and it was for this reason that Sadie set fire to Exousia and killed him.

He wasn't sure about the next part of his theory, but he believes that Phil was partly responsible in bringing Sadie back to life. Perhaps the Wielder of the Elytra had a trick up his sleeve as well. Dream knew for a fact that slaying the Ender dragon could grant god-like gifts.

"Dream?"

Dream raised his head to see Sapnap suddenly standing in front of him, across his desk. He hastily grasped the book he was holding and stuffed it inside one of his drawers. The other man became suspicious about him ans his action.

"What was that?" Sapnap furrowed his brows together, expressing perplexity.

Dream reached for the porcelain mask that was lifted right above his lips to cover his face whole. "It's nothing, just a journal of mine."