six. a game of distrust

︵

︵ . . CHAPTER SIX ❜ ━━━━ ₍ 🥀 ₎
a game of distrust . .

Normally, you would not put your trust in someone you had just met for the first time. The reason is actually rather simple. You have no idea who they are. They could be simply another person who breaks you and watches you fall apart. Someone once said that trust takes years to earn, but just seconds to lose.

Tommy did not have this feeling when he first met Rexha. Something told him that this person held a good heart despite the bloodshed and ashes she has gone through. It was really odd how her presence provided him a sense of comfort, similarly how he felt when Sadie used to be around.

The two women were complete opposites, Sadie was as bright as the sun. She was a person who exuded warmth, optimism and hope. Rexha, on the other hand, gleamed just like the moon. She was enigmatic yet enveloping at the same time.

After a long while of convincing, Wilbur had finally agreed to take the woman that Tommy 'knew' as a part of their little rebellion. He did not trust her, not one bit. The only reason he trusted someome like Technoblade is because they at least had a history together. A family history, of sort, so he wasn't a stranger.

The sound of heels clicked against the wooden steps. The hooded figure trotted down the stairs of Pogtopia's base with the accompaniment of the blonde boy.

Wilbur couldn't help but tense up at the sight of the mysterous woman standing behind Tommy. What was it about that her that Tommy seemed to admire so much? He quietly pondered as she watched her trudge towards him and Technoblade.