The uncanny counter

Synopsis: In the fictional city of Jungjin, a group of four demon-hunters called the Counters bear the arduous task of searching for and banishing evil spirits (akgwi) that escape from the afterlife to gain immortality

Synopsis:
In the fictional city of Jungjin, a group of four demon-hunters called the Counters bear the arduous task of searching for and banishing evil spirits (akgwi) that escape from the afterlife to gain immortality. These evil spirits possess local human hosts who have committed murder or have a strong desire to murder, encourage their host's desire to kill, and consumes the spirit of the victim. The Counters were once under coma when a partner spirit from Yung, the boundary between the afterlife and the world of the living, possess them and give them perfectly healthy bodies and consciousness along with superhuman strength and supernatural abilities. Three of the Counters—Ga Mo-tak (Yoo Jun-sang), Do Ha-na (Kim Se-jeong) and Choo Mae-ok (Yeom Hye-ran)—pose as workers in Eonni's Noodles, a noodle restaurant which serves as their hideout.

One day, the fourth Counter Jang Cheol-joong (Sung Ji-ru) is killed in a battle against a strong "Level 3"[c] evil spirit. As his spirit gets consumed by his killer, his Yung partner Wi-gen (Moon Sook) struggles to find a new comatose human to possess. Uncannily, she is quickly drawn towards high school boy So Mun (Jo Byung-gyu) who, despite being disabled, is nevertheless perfectly healthy and alive. As soon as Wi-gen possessed him, the unknowing Mun starts noticing bizarre changes to his body and starts seeing Wi-gen in his dreams. Soon, Mun finds the answers in Eonni's Noodles, and as he becomes the replacement to the late Cheol-joong, he finds himself in a thrilling journey of battling against bloodthirsty demons, reconnecting to his past, and uncovering the ugly truth behind a major redevelopment project in Jungjin.

Genre:
Fantasy; Mystery; Thriller

Main casts:
-Jo Byung-gyu as So Mun
-Yoo Jun-sang as Ga Mo-tak
-Kim Se-jeong as Do Ha-na
-Yeom Hye-ran as Choo Mae-ok

Episodes:
16

My thoughts:
I was actually a little hesitant to watch this as I thought it was a boxing drama but it was totally unexpected. The casts had great chemistry and this drama was also very touching and a little unexpected as well. Not only that, I also cried my eyes out during the sad scenes. Also the synopsis is really long so I watched and read to confirm. Oh and, they'll be a season 2 coming out in 2022!

My rating:
10/10 was really good😌