Lovers of the red sky

Synopsis:Set during the Dan dynasty era when ghosts, demons, and gods are involved in human life, the story is about a fateful relationship between a female painter (Kim Yoo-jung) and a blind astrologer (Ahn Hyo-seop)

Synopsis:
Set during the Dan dynasty era when ghosts, demons, and gods are involved in human life, the story is about a fateful relationship between a female painter (Kim Yoo-jung) and a blind astrologer (Ahn Hyo-seop). It starts at the sealing ceremony conducted at the 3rd year of King Seongjo's rule where they try to extract the Ma Wang (Demon King: god of Death) who is residing in former King Yeongjong's body and seal it inside a portrait of the King, painted by a divine painter. Though they manage to seal the Demon King successfully with the help of Samshin (goddesses of Life), Demon King curses that the country will suffer from droughts and famine for the years to come. He also curses the offspring of Ha Seong-jin(officer who conducted the sealing ceremony) and Hong Eun-ho(painter who painted the King's portrait). Both Ha Seong-jin's son, Ha Ram and Hong Eun-ho's daughter, Hong Cheon-gi are born on that very day and Cheon-gi is born blind due to the curse of Demon King.

9 years later, the country has been suffering from sever drought and royal shaman is preparing for Dragon Rain Making Ritual. Ha Ram, being a child born with energy of water is noticed by her and choses him as the helper of rain making ritual. As they come to the capital to attend the ritual, Ha Ram meets blind Hong Cheon-gi who lives with her mad father who lost his sanity after sealing ceremony. Two kids make memories with each other and promise to meet again after the rain ritual. But, unexpected things happen at the ritual. The King's portrait in which Demon King is sealed gets burned and Demon King enters Ha Ram's body. Ha Ram who was sacrificed in order to make rain, comes back to life with his sight lost while Cheon-gi miraculously gains her sight as Samshin took Demon King's eyes and left them with Cheon-gi.

Now, 19 years later Hong Cheon-gi is a talented painter at Baek-yoo Painting Group and only female painter in that time. She also copies valuable paintings in order to make money for her father's medicine. Ha Ram has become an astrologer at Seomungwan: government office in charge of weather, calendar etc. He is capable of predicting the future by tracing the movement of stars. He also lives a disguised life as Ilwolseong: the chief of information organization Wolseongdang in order to take revenge from the royal family who destroyed his family 19 years ago.

After Hong Cheon-gi and Ha Ram reunite, they fall for each other, but the duo is sucked into the machinations of the royal court, particularly those involving two princes: the free-spirited Prince Yangmyeong (Gong Myung) and the cruel, scheming Prince Juhyang (Kwak Si-yang) – a man who longs to become the next king. Their relationship is further disturbed because one of them (Ha Ram) is possessed by the Demon and the other one (Hong Cheon-gi) is the divine painter who should make the vessel to seal the Demon.

Genre:
Historical, Romance, Fantasy

Main casts:
-Kim Yoo-jung as Hong Cheon-gi
-Ahn Hyo-seop as Ha Ram (Ilwolseong)
-Gong Myung as Grand Prince Yangmyeong (Yi Yul)
-Kwak Si-yang as Grand Prince Juhyang (Yi Hu)

Episodes:
16

My thoughts:
oh.my.god. i'm in awe at how good this drama is. it gives a tinge of sadness, action, romance and even comedy :') i love it so muchh!! the actors did really well playing their roles and i'm surprised that the amount of times i've cried watching this drama HAHA to add on, hyo seop and yoojung's visual in this drama is immaculate which add extra "spice" to this drama. love everything and especially how this drama plays with your emotions. overall, the ending was perfect and i've nvr felt more satisfied but there's an epilogue at the end which was quite confusing...still love everything abt this drama :)

My ratings:
10/10😚