Navillera

Synopsis:Navillera tells the story of Shim Deok-chul (Park In-hwan), a 70-year-old retired mailman who decides to pursue his life-long dream of learning ballet, which does not please his family

Synopsis:
Navillera tells the story of Shim Deok-chul (Park In-hwan), a 70-year-old retired mailman who decides to pursue his life-long dream of learning ballet, which does not please his family. At the dance academy, he meets Lee Chae-rok (Song Kang), a 23-year-old dancer who became interested in ballet after trying out different sports — his mother was a ballet dancer before she died of disease when he was young. He is struggling financially and thinks of giving up ballet until meeting Deok-chul, which changes his mind.
Sim Deok-chul's commitment to his dream inspires people with different genders, ages, and social status trying to achieve their dreams and do what makes them happy. The South China Morning Post states in their review of the series that "Navillera deals with relatable issues of old age, whether you're the one approaching it or your loved ones are, but while the fear that a diagnosis like Alzheimer's can cause is clearly evoked by the series, it steers clear of the day-to-day realities of the condition".

Genre:
Drama

Main casts:
-Park In-hwan as Shim Deok-chul
-Song Kang as Lee Chae-rok
-Na Moon-hee as Choi Hae-nam
-Hong Seung-hee as Shim Eun-ho

Episodes:
12

My thoughts:
when I said I bawled cuz of how heart warming this drama is, I mean it😭 the way we got like 3 character developments and the way the characters were able to soar and reach their dreams is just so beautiful. at first, song kang's character didn't accept the old man but over time, the old man was able to break his walls down and form a wonderful friendship with him. this drama had no romance but only the true love of friendship and understanding. never give up on your dreams and open up your perspective for more things in life. don't ever let yourself down regardless of the situation. super happy with the character developments and ending. ofc, this drama made me fall in love with song kang even more and not to mention how the female lead, hong seung hee kinda look like iu 🫶🏻 BAHAH i really want people to realise how beautiful and touching this drama it.

My ratings:
10/10 it's splendid