Chapter 28

Thank you very much for your response to my story. I appreciate that a lot. Please do vote, comment and follow.

Chapter 28

His eyes were cold and dark. She unconsciously shivered. She stayed at the door for a few seconds then entered the library. She never removed her gaze from him as if a dead body was not there. This was not something new for her. She had seen him caught some people like that who had bad endings. She knew Aafaq must have done something wrong, very wrong that had led to that.

"Umar,'' she whispered when she reached him.

She saw him raised an eyebrow at her.

"Why?'' What's so special about her? She wanted to ask.

He remained silent; however, his gaze remained on her.

"She could be a spy.'' She gritted her teeth.

"So?'' he asked casually.

She was startled, ''So?''

"Aren't you bored of repeating this sentence again and again?'' he was indifferent.

She felt an intense pain when she observed his indifference. She had seen him cold but never indifferent. However, she had always found him indifferent to her feelings. She had a feeling.

"You don't care.'' She whispered.

"Hmm,'' a hmm was his answer.

"What's so special about her?''

He smirked coldly. He was exuding a sinister charm.

"You would rather choose her?'' she shivered at his response.

"I have already chosen her.'' He glanced at her meaningfully.

"What?'' she could feel something stabbing her heart. She had a premonition.

"You heard that.'' He was serious and state darkly, ''No more on this topic.''

"Do you like her?''

"Is it that obvious?'' he sounded amused.

"You have no experience when it comes to such type of relationship.''

"Do you have?''

She was silent and looked down.

"Don't run after a mirage.'' He was awfully indifferent.

She snapped her head towards him and her lips quivered when she saw him cold and expressionless. That was a blatant rejection and so harsh. They both knew that if he rejected her feelings in direct words then they won't be the same ever.

Her heart was stabbed again and again. She gasped inwardly.

She felt a bad premonition.

..............................

"Here,'' she smiled to Heela and handed her a stack of papers.

"JazakAllah!'' Heela stared at her with shining eyes.

She laughed and said, ''Wa Iyyakum.''

She and Heela were sitting in the library and studying together. Heela was not getting a few points in studies. So, she offered her some help. Sajal and Kashmaala had classes.

They were now done with their work.

"Let's go and eat something. I am famished.'' Heela let out a deep sigh.