Chapter 12

Thank you so much for giving my story a chance!

Chapter 12

When she closed the door of the car after getting in, she instantly felt eyes on her. Two pair of eyes stared at her curiously. One was pure curious and shocked while the cold one was inquisitive, probing and intense; very intense indeed. She saw the driver starting the engine while gazing at her through rearview mirror.

She turned her head toward him who was already staring at her. He seemed to be waiting for her explanation. Thank God! He did not directly decide something without asking her account first.

The new headline on Jahan University's page and site was that Shehroz Sikandar had 'taken a stand' for Sajal Hayat and protested against the 'detention' or 'punishment'. It had caught the attention of the majority of students especially the lines where she was mentioned as a brave girl who stood up to the suppression and cruelty. Sikandar's minions had commented a lot very 'righteously' on the page and particularly on the special blog created solely for the injustices of the authorities to her. It looked and sounded very right and impressive to the point that an average person would be impressed by the 'voice' raised against the unreasonable and strict authorities. However, those who venture to go deeper into a situation and go beyond the surface could sense the traces of schemes hidden in that.

She sighed and opened her mouth for her answer. It was time for her to decide and she wanted to be neutral. She did not want to take part in the conflicts of the two biggest powers of S-Valley. If she did not know beforehand the two biggest powers of S-Valley, she might not be so neutral toward them considering her personality which cannot see any form of suppression.

''I neither knew about the incident nor his intentions. I will take care of the situation myself, Thank you.'' She mumbled the word 'Thank you' at the end. He heard her saying thank you and raised an eyebrow at her questioningly. Perhaps he did not expect a thanks from her. However, what she uttered that word for?

She stared at him intently. Their eyes were locked and she could feel the slight indifference from his demeanour. Unconsciously, she clenched her fists. They both were in the backseat that had made the distance between them smaller. She could see his untidy blonde hair which was not styled at all because he had obviously ran his hands through it. His blue eyes that had long eyelashes were locked with her that were so cold and indifferent. His angular jaw was extremely sharp and so were his facial features. His eyebrows were thick. He was dressed again in traditional clothes which were black. He was exuding a chilly and dark aura, his demeanour was indifferent and cold whereas he looked aloof and noble. She saw his eyes turned towards her hands and stayed there for more than a few moments. She saw a glimpse of interest in his eyes which vanished as soon as it appeared. If she was not observing him so intently she could neglect that little detail. She frowned inwardly. What was so interesting about her hands? She could not come up with a reason. She could never consider even in her imagination that Umar Jahan could view her hands pretty. She could see something flashed in his eyes and then he looked at her face again but this time with a hint of disapproval.

Zahir silently observed their little staring contest.

She scowled in her mind. Now what was wrong?

''Thanking me for asking you before taking a decision?'' he asked in a deep low voice.

A few locks of her black hair were swaying on her pretty forehead. When she nodded her head at him, they swayed on her face.

So, he had guessed the reason. She thought.

''I'm not impulsive like you.'' He declared in an arrogant manner as he observed the locks of hair on her forehead.

''Excuse me!'' She said fiercely. She admitted that sometimes or okay most of the time she was impulsive but still hearing it from Umar Jahan made her angry.