Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Thank you for reading my story!

All of a sudden, she became blank minded. She tried her best to stop the urge of blinking her eyes furiously just to confirm that whatever happened then was a reality.

He stared at her face intensely for a few moments and his lips curved into a small smile which was so unnoticeable. However, she was staring at him from such close distance that it did not escape her eyes. Her hands clenched into fists unconsciously.

He looked at her serious expressions, the questioning look in her eyes and sat straight again.

She looked at him who was looking straight ahead in a very nonchalant manner as if nothing happened. She gritted her teeth furiously.

''What was the meaning of that?'' she whispered angrily.

''Checking your eyes'' he said indifferently, still looking straight ahead.

''What?'' she yelled in a low voice, ''What do you mean by checking my eyes?''

He sighed and turned towards her and stared at her. Their eyes locked again with each other.

''I was checking if you were wearing contact lenses.'' He said in a matter-of-fact tone.

''What!" she was furious, ''Even if I were wearing contact lenses, what has that got to do with you? This is none of your business!'' she snapped at him angrily.

''I was merely curious. Why are you throwing such a tantrum?'' he gave her a ''You are a dramatic person'' look.

She clenched her jaws furiously and glared at him. Was she really throwing a tantrum? No! He had crossed her personal limit again! She felt frustrated and embarrassed.

''Why were you oh so curious about my eyes?'' she tried to put on a fake smile and tried to ignore the 'tantrum' part. ''Why are you throwing such a tantrum whether I have worn contact lenses or not?'' at the end she could not stop herself from mentioning the ''tantrum'' word.

''Your eyes,'' he stared at her eyes intensely, ''They are very bright and shiny. I thought you were wearing contact lenses.''

She stared at him speechless as she was not expecting such a comment from him. However, he did not say that her eyes were pretty as people would often told her. She had long eyelashes and sparkling light brown eyes.

''I know my eyes are dazzling.'' She made a bold and narcissistic comment about herself. She sounded very arrogant. It was another thing that her arrogance was a cover to hide her nervousness.

He raised an eyebrow at her narcissism and seemed amused, but as usual his amusement was discreet.

''They gleam and dazzle,'' he unconsciously leaned his head towards her and whispered, ''especially in sunlight.''

She blinked her eyes at him and stared at his face trying to find some clues of his real intentions as she was sure he could not be a person to praise every random person and particularly girls.

Why was he so confusing?

Seeing her quiet and lost, he smiled and straightened himself.

''So, you were checking whether I was wearing contact lenses or not?'' she asked sarcastically.

''Hmm, I was curious whether they are fake or real.'' He stated while looking straight ahead.

Suddenly, she felt a chill as she heard him. His voice felt cold as if she was suddenly brought to the cold, chilly air of North Pole from the late September of S-Valley. She stared at him only to see his expressionless face. She felt tensed and frustrated. Now, why would she felt danger all of a sudden just because of a simple statement from Umar Jahan? She took a few deep breaths to calm her nerves down.